firmware magnifi mini

Options
Using Google Home I noticed the version is 50. The device is wifi connected ... not ethernet. I learned from Support the current firmware ver is 55. Evidently, it will not update via wifi ... so I am supposed to connect w/ an ethernet cable. That is not possible because my longest one is too short.

I need to know how to move the polk hardware closer to the router and pray the firmware updates that way. I ASSUME that means move the smaller device (leaving the large one (Woofer??)) in place. Connect smaller one to power and plug in an ethernet cable(???????).

Is this correct, or do I need to move all that hardware? I have voice sync problems and if firmware is outdated, I need to get it updated first.

I GUESS firmware should/could update via WiFi, but support tells me to use ethernet cable. Even if it would update wifi, somehow Polk has disappeared from Google Home and I can't seem to get it back. No Polk devices now show in Google Home so I now cannot determine the version. Will have to tackle that after firmware update.

Help is appreciated in advance.

Comments

• WacoJohn
    Options
    I think I got the firmware updated. Managed an ethernet connection. I can't tell for sure because the device has disappeared from Google Home. Can someone help me get it back (in Google Home)?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,450
    Options
    Are you able to open Google Home and tap add device? Or does it not show up?
    I disabled signatures.
  • saintly_guy
    saintly_guy Posts: 4
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I am on v50 from India. I have connected it to ethernet but still not getting updated to v55 after 2days. How to initiate firmware upgrade?.... i have also reset it but still the firmware upgrade is not happening automatically overnight.
  • WacoJohn
    WacoJohn Posts: 5
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Are you able to open Google Home and tap add device? Or does it not show up?

Google Home ADD DEVICE does not list POLK. I don't know any other way to determine the version of Polk if it doesn't show up in Google Home like it did in the past.
  • WacoJohn
    Options
    Cannot pair Mini to Google Home. Bluetooth never connects. Still waiting for help. Polk support emailed me 'instructions' but I think they are outdated. One is a silly youtube vid. On the phone, she kept mentioning Chromecast but I never understood what she wanted me to do. She said she would email me instructions .... none of which involved Chromecast.