New DAC ordered: The Border Patrol SE-i

Options
2»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    Options
    Ive seen here recently where usps says its delivered and then brings it the next day
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    jumpindick wrote: »
    You might want to post on Nextdoor neighbor and see if someone in the neighborhood received your package by mistake.

Good idea. I just posted
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Ive seen here recently where usps says its delivered and then brings it the next day

Good to know. Let's see what tomorrow brings?

What about the signature though?
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • VR3
    Options
    Could be his name!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Just for the record....

....it wasn't me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Go to your Post Office Carrier Center if possible!! Let the person responsible know you are concerned. File a lost package ticket online.

I had the same problem with vintage stems (impossible to find) for my early 80's Oakley sunglasses in November. Lost for over two weeks. Contacted seller on eBay and was sent second set to replace the lost pair. (The same thing had happened in October with another item.)

On the day the second set arrived the first pair arrived. Post Office paid for shipping to return the second set.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pearsall001
    Options

You nailed it! USPS came today with the package 👍

I'll let it warm up for a few hours before firing it up. The thing was as cold as a block of ice.
  • jumpindick
    Options

You nailed it! USPS came today with the package 👍

I'll let it warm up for a few hours before firing it up. The thing was as cold as a block of ice.

Congratulations! At least now you don't have to worry about its delivery. Enjoy. Do post some pictures. I have never seen this DAC before. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts..
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I got interested in it when I read a review on it while looking at a streamer https://theaudiobeatnik.com/review-innuos-statement-music-server-part-1/
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

It's nice to see some taking a step back and saying....ya know, the old school ways weren't so bad. Tube rectification, choke regulation, old school dac chip....I dig it.

I was a big fan of those Burr Brown chips, still am. Maximum resolution isn't everything in some of todays higher end stuff. Musical fidelity still has a solid base of those seeking their older tri vista stuff and Trey I believe is still spanking the monkey to his tri-vista dac. Music that draws you in, not necessarily let you listen to a stag hand farting in the back. I think we old folks called it "musicality".
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pearsall001
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    erniejade wrote: »

It's nice to see some taking a step back and saying....ya know, the old school ways weren't so bad. Tube rectification, choke regulation, old school dac chip....I dig it.

I was a big fan of those Burr Brown chips, still am. Maximum resolution isn't everything in some of todays higher end stuff. Musical fidelity still has a solid base of those seeking their older tri vista stuff and Trey I believe is still spanking the monkey to his tri-vista dac. Music that draws you in, not necessarily let you listen to a stag hand farting in the back. I think we old folks called it "musicality".

Yes indeed Tony! That's what really piqued my interest in this DAC. Some of this new fangled stuff is so dang good...as in super analytical, precise, that it's like my ear is on a cheese grater. They forgot about the music itself & hi how to connect you with it. Hoping this is my huckleberry.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I’m glad the mystery is solved! I’m guessing the T. Esposito that signed for your package is more than likely your carrier. I’m a carrier myself,and since Covid started,we are told not to hand our scanners to folks to sign. I sign my name and let the customer know what I did. Why it got delivered the next day,well, I can’t answer that one.

I’m looking forward to your impressions on the new DAC once it’s burned in. But to tide us over,what are your first impressions??
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    I'm giving it a listen this evening!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,480
    edited December 2020
    Options
    "TEAforONE wrote: »
    "Why it got delivered the next day,well, I can’t answer that one.

New USPS test program. The mail dude provided 24 hrs of burn-in, free, before delivery.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • VR3
    Options
    I dig my tri Vista gear and my twenty year old speakers!

I had ultra high res speakers that I listened to minutes at a time, now I'm listening for hours! Huge difference!

I bet this thing sounds sweet!

Congrats!
  • pearsall001
    Options
    I dig my tri Vista gear and my twenty year old speakers!

I had ultra high res speakers that I listened to minutes at a time, now I'm listening for hours! Huge difference!

I bet this thing sounds sweet!

Congrats!

Just got 'er all hooked up & ready to go. I'll be able to spend more time over the weekend.
    A few pics...I wanted to pop the hood for a few pics of the inside but he uses a weird screw. My star driver doesn't have the proper size? I have to figure this one out.
    d54c3rn34mmr.jpg
    ngof9xn6ci8c.jpg

• pearsall001
    Options
    Initial impression so far...Smooooooth!
  • jumpindick
    Options
    Looking nice. Seems to be made with some thick gauge face plate.
  • tonyb
    Options
    In with 69....ya know, just in case. Getting that first foot in the door. :)

UHH, we need a bit more than smooth Phil. C'mon man, borrow some vocabulary from Russ and hit up a few paragraphs.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pearsall001
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    In with 69....ya know, just in case. Getting that first foot in the door. :)

UHH, we need a bit more than smooth Phil. C'mon man, borrow some vocabulary from Russ and hit up a few paragraphs.

Too funny Tony! I haven't sat down yet for any length of time. This weekend is looking good though.

I thought Smooooooth might hold me over. Can't get nothing past the old folks though. 🤣🎧

Not to worry!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    Probably a security bit of some sort. Harbor Freight has a bit set for like 7 bucks that handles most security head screws. Only one I haven't been able to open stuff with it is HP security stuff but everything HP does is proprietary ao there's that.

https://www.harborfreight.com/security-bit-set-33-pc-68459.html?cid=paid_google|||68459&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5vb-BRCRARIsAJBKc6InKTNOthoqx4s8dnGcUhpNdvn26BJ9EY46osdAhRPbaLdtz0x7EccaAk0pEALw_wcB

If you need longer bits they have a 3 inch bit set too.

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-security-bit-set-32-pc-68460.html

Additionally, for 12 bucks the bit driver in this set accepts all the security bits. They are also pretty nicely designed screw drivers in all honesty. I have a set and I actually look for them over other screw drivers because of how comfortable they are to hold.

https://www.harborfreight.com/comfort-grip-screwdriver-set-33-pc-61255.html
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Hey John,

Thanks for the info. I didn't even know there was such a thing when it came to screws.

How's your new digs coming along. Plenty of room for a fest...lol!