Door sweeps / Bottom weather-strips

Options
I just looked at my Back Porch door for a Manuf. tag or something. No tag or imprint that I could see on the door's edges.

But the window does have Therma-Tru on the window pane. Lower left corner looking in from the outside. This door has a door sweep different from my cottage's middle door that I mentioned in the other thread.

So...I just put this door in 5 +or- years ago, so, I know the sweep is original. This sweep is FLAT w/fins on the outsides and 2 tubes inside. All below the door. Not like the L-shaped one on the other Therma-Tru door I have. I had to have replaced the other one many years ago!

If and when I need to replace this one, I'll have to take the door off the hinges and see the attaching style before I order a new MOE or the likes.

I might've painted over this door's Manufacturer's tag by mistake. Or it's on the top or bottom now. :|

Another note...

I've tried to help people keep frikn bugs out by telling them door sweeps wear out. If you can light a flashlight and shine it at a door's bottom and light gets through...a bug can get through too.

I still have to put one under my wooden front door! :s
Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,052
    Options
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,279
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I just looked at my Back Porch door for a Manuf. tag or something. No tag or imprint that I could see on the door's edges.

But the window does have Therma-Tru on the window pane. Lower left corner looking in from the outside. This door has a door sweep different from my cottage's middle door that I mentioned in the other thread.

So...I just put this door in 5 +or- years ago, so, I know the sweep is original. This sweep is FLAT w/fins on the outsides and 2 tubes inside. All below the door. Not like the L-shaped one on the other Therma-Tru door I have. I had to have replaced the other one many years ago!

If and when I need to replace this one, I'll have to take the door off the hinges and see the attaching style before I order a new MOE or the likes.

I might've painted over this door's Manufacturer's tag by mistake. Or it's on the top or bottom now. :|

Another note...

I've tried to help people keep frikn bugs out by telling them door sweeps wear out. If you can light a flashlight and shine it at a door's bottom and light gets through...a bug can get through too.

I still have to put one under my wooden front door! :s

They should have a sticker on them like replacement windows do, so you can just take a picture of it and it tells all the details of the door. That would be too easy. You can have a new sash made for your replacement windows with the info on that sticker.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.