DB6502 Components Recommended Crossover Points?

Options
Hi There,

I have a DB6502 Component set with 6.5 woofers and tweeters. I'm setting it up as an active setup with a dsp. So the DSP will do the crossover job that the removed passives would have done.

I wondered if a someone could tell me the recommended crossover points for the woofers and the tweeters separately?

I understand polks website says the frequency response of the pair is something like 35 hz to 23khz. However, I'd like to know the recommended for each driver so I can dial in my tuning to get a nice full and warm sound from the components.

Grateful for any help with this!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I recommend sending an email to: kim.jasper@soundunited.com he has experience in Polk's car audio products.
  • Grogger
    Options
    Great, thanks Kenneth! will do.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You're welcome, enjoy!
  • Grogger
    Options
    I did some tuning updates over the weekend. My system now includes not only the DB6502 woofer and tweeter but a CDT ES02 mid range. My system sounds improved and cleaner with a crossover at 70hz and 4k for the woofer. 4k and 7k for the cdt mid. and 7k-20k for the tweeter. I used 24db slope linkwitz model crossover on my Audison Bit One DSP.

I received some crossover information about the db series polk speakers and components. I wanted to share for the benefit of others:

Here are all the dB series XO points and info so your team has them.

- dB 572: 1st order on both woofer and tweeter

- XO Acoustic frequency: 4.5kHz

- dB 652: 1st order on tweeter, 2nd order on driver

- dB 522: 1st order on both woofer and tweeter

- dB 402 and dB 462: 1st order on tweeter only, no XO on woofer

- dB 692: 1st order on tweeter, 2nd order on midrange, no XO on woofer

- XO Acoustic frequency between woofer and mid/twt = 4kHz

- dB 6502 and dB 5252: 2nd order on both woofer and tweeter

- XO Acoustic frequency: 5.5kHz