Thermal underwear?

Options
afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
edited December 2020 in The Clubhouse
Lightweight but good for sitting in a freezing stand? Not too hot to hike but not too cold to sit still all day.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Yep, that's what you'll need.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    Options
    Is this tied to the other thread with the burgers
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    silk leggings are really good.
    that's a go-to up here in the north country.
    plus it makes one feel pretty.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I like the Duofold and Coldpruf stuff, and the different weight variants work well for most of my outdoor activity, but I'd like to find a silkweight merino for day to day wear inside and out during the colder months.

I wear different weights and design builds for different conditions. My favorite for cool weather general hangout is the Coldpruf dual layer poly inner and merino outer. Okay for moderate activity in cool weather, and just kicking around relaxing. I find that it's just temperature regulating. Comfortable.

You can probably find more technical stuff on REI and such.

I disabled signatures.
  • spongebobsquarepants
    Options
    Minus 33 merino wool is my go to. It keeps you warm even when wet! Perfect for under rain gear, sailing, or any other situation where you might get wet.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I like the Duofold and Coldpruf stuff, and the different weight variants work well for most of my outdoor activity, but I'd like to find a silkweight merino for day to day wear inside and out during the colder months.

I wear different weights and design builds for different conditions. My favorite for cool weather general hangout is the Coldpruf dual layer poly inner and merino outer. Okay for moderate activity in cool weather, and just kicking around relaxing. I find that it's just temperature regulating. Comfortable.

Took my advise of the duofold. ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    https://coldpruf.com/

Coldpruf gets my vote.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    Just wear a kilt, with nothing underneath, like the real men do! 🤣
    Alea jacta est!
  • msg
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    msg wrote: »

Took my advise of the duofold. ;)
    SOB!
    I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I got the Duofold, they are toasty but I think I look kindda funny walking through the woods with them on.
  • Kex
    Options
    Woods? In Arizona? 🌵 🏜

Try riding a horse with no name... 🤔
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Maybe try putting on some umm "outer wear" ya know pants/trousers and a shirt... Holy criminy man :p
  • msg
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    I got the Duofold, they are toasty but I think I look kindda funny walking through the woods with them on.
    Like the guy in Fargo?
    5luzuddh6ulb.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited December 2020
    Options
    3j39aqrjbikv.jpg

Assuming wandering around in da woods in your long undies assuming Flagstaff area or Siera Vista area with woods in AZ you got skunked and proceeded to the closet Costco and settled for a undercooked chicken, hope you had more than the duofolds on. 🤣 It appears your hot glove got a little burnt when you were warming up the Chicken.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Or maybe it’s a burned up love glove

We don’t want to know
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • afterburnt
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Woods? In Arizona? 🌵 🏜

Try riding a horse with no name... 🤔

Yeah, woods in Arizona, and snow too!sx152vum6t6v.jpg

• Kex
    Options
    Yeah... I do actually know that it’s not ALL desert! 😂

What about the horse with no name? Did you find it also?
    Alea jacta est!
  • afterburnt
    Options
    I found a dog with no bone but I left her at the bar.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Are you in Arizona, England? (yes, i know that place doesn't exist)
    How did you manage to take the photo out of the passenger side of the car while driving? Did you let Jesus take the wheel?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Have you met Bruce? Dude has skills!!
  • GospelTruth
    Options
    Just saw this question. Just came back from a sheep hunt in Northern Nevada where it was in the teens in the morning at maybe low 40s during the day.

I bought and wore the KUIU Ultra 145 merino wool base layer
    https://www.kuiu.com/ultra-merino-145-zip-off-bottom/10004.html?dwvar_10004_color=Charcoal&cgid=bottoms-base#start=1

Awesome, but pricey. Nice thing about the pants is that they fully zip off if you get to hot and you don't have to take off your boots to do so. Small zippers run the length of the base layer from top to bottom. Very nice. If it's really cold, I put on a pair of 32 Degree underwear on first underneath. That wicks moisture as well. With those two (plus a pair of KUIU pants) I was comfortable all day hiking and sitting (spotting) in the mountains.

Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • afterburnt
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

I wouldn't call opposable thumbs on my feet "skills".
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,762
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Merino wool Smartwool.

Comfortable from around 50 deg on down. Add a wind layer and you're set, smartwool helps your body regulate it's temp real well.

If I'm doing yardwork, even with temps around 40 deg, a thin layer over the wool is perfect.

Pricey but worth every cent.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Maybe try putting on some umm "outer wear" ya know pants/trousers and a shirt... Holy criminy man :p

Or chaps -- you know what kind.

:|

I wouldn't call opposable thumbs on my feet "skills".

as opposed to a tongue like Gene Simmons'(?)

:#