LP cleaning system:

Options
2»

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    edited November 2020
    Options
    IIRC, he mentioned wiping the records for starters...
    plus lab coats are so 1950's (present company excluded of coarse) :)

Fine tuning my homemade RC solution, I use just enough alcohol to
    get rid of the bubbles the first time I mix.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I'm thinking of giving up and just going with spin clean. Yellow or transparent?
    :D
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,688
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    trans.....

You do what's best for you.
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Get the Degritter. Protect your investments with a cleaning of each album when it arrives (new or used) and usually not a lot after if you are careful in your handling. Your are also protecting your stylus and your time. Spent years with a great VPI 16.5 vacuum cleaner. Three steps on each side (enzyme, cleaner, pure water rinse). Had three different brushes and three wands. It worked well but each album took almost 30 minutes. Eventually there was a stack I just wasn't getting done and not listening to... Now I put it in the Degritter in the room next to my listening room, select on of three time wash cycles, push the button and walk away. Come back and it is clean, dry and ready to put in a new sleeve or play. The maintenance of the machine is changing the distilled water and when the machine tells you to removing the filter and cleaning it or replacing it. I have also had an occasional firmware upgrade to perform. I do use the MoFi inner liners, but outers are from Sleeve City.
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • Joey_V
    Options
    doctor r wrote: »
    Get the Degritter. Protect your investments with a cleaning of each album when it arrives (new or used) and usually not a lot after if you are careful in your handling. Your are also protecting your stylus and your time. Spent years with a great VPI 16.5 vacuum cleaner. Three steps on each side (enzyme, cleaner, pure water rinse). Had three different brushes and three wands. It worked well but each album took almost 30 minutes. Eventually there was a stack I just wasn't getting done and not listening to... Now I put it in the Degritter in the room next to my listening room, select on of three time wash cycles, push the button and walk away. Come back and it is clean, dry and ready to put in a new sleeve or play. The maintenance of the machine is changing the distilled water and when the machine tells you to removing the filter and cleaning it or replacing it. I have also had an occasional firmware upgrade to perform. I do use the MoFi inner liners, but outers are from Sleeve City.

Thx doc

What’s the table you got? I can’t reliably tell via your avatar
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    Options
    My table is an Origin Live Sovereign mk3-2
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,132
    Options
    If this can make it to market functionally even at double the price, it will be impressive.
    If they can actually get this to market at $350, they will potentially have a real giant killer.
    ebda837da57b648cf6927d3439133a91_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1606726478&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=8c1ebfbef4139327c16e761ee38da55f

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/humminguru/humminguru-all-in-one-ultrasonic-vinyl-record-cleaner/description
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    If this can make it to market functionally even at double the price, it will be impressive.
    If they can actually get this to market at $350, they will potentially have a real giant killer.
    ebda837da57b648cf6927d3439133a91_original.jpg?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=680&fit=max&v=1606726478&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=8c1ebfbef4139327c16e761ee38da55f

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/humminguru/humminguru-all-in-one-ultrasonic-vinyl-record-cleaner/description

I went ahead and pledged. If they can do it, it is less than trying to put an ultrasonic DIY cleaner together. Heh.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Just in time.... I just placed my order for my LP cleaner.

🤦🏻‍♂️
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,132
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

🤦🏻‍♂️

With the way a lot of kickstarters go, this one might be ready by the time the one you ordered craps out.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Joey_V
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Lol
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,786
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »

🤦🏻‍♂️

What did you end up going with?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    Interesting, nice design. Ultrasonic cleaning has made an appreciable difference for us when spinning records. If I was in the market I might give this a shot.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pelhamplace
    Options
    The Kickstarter cleaner looks interesting. The issue is if they do get funding can they execute. I pledged for a watch campaign and didn’t receive the watch until 3 years later. I just got an email from the guy asking that people contact him if they never received their watch. It’s about 7 years out now from the initial funding!