Latest HULU find....

We have seen several suggested movies/series from the Netflix thread, thought I would start a HULU one since we just got it for $2/mo. for a year.

Started Handmaids Tale and while I Iike it, the Mrs does not. So what's worth watching? Woke looks interesting.
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I just finished season 8 of Homeland. Started back on Mayans a couple days ago. I have been tempted to start watching Handmaids Tale, maybe I can find time to binge watch with winter setting in.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Fargo is one of the better TV shows in the last few years imho...

We also really like Brooklyn 99. I didn't love the first couple episodes but once it gets going its hilarious...

The Peanut Butter Falcon is a great movie, I liked it so much I used it for one of my classes.

Palm Springs was also a pretty funny movie.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I like Fargo as well. I have only seen a couple episodes of the latest season though.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Hulu doesn't seem to put out good originals as frequently as the other streaming platforms, but they do have some key partnerships that make it worth having.
    Atlanta from FX
    Always Sunny is still on Hulu I believe, another great FX series. I also binge watch Bob's Burgers every month or so to catch up on new episodes as they come out. The Fox/FX partnership really does it for me.

I also like Brooklyn 99. I'd expect that to be moving to Peacock at some point now that it's an NBC show.

But Handmaid's Tale is by far the best thing Hulu original to date in my opinion. One of the few shows that is just getting more interesting as they go deeper into the series.

A lot of other people liked The Path. I couldn't get even halfway into the first season before I gave up. It felt like they were really dragging the story line when it could have moved a lot faster.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    So, we started our hulu adventure with Castle Rock. The Mrs. is a big S. King fan so it was to be expected. It's OK, a bit slow though.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • “Killing Eve” is excellent.
  • muncybob wrote: »
    We have seen several suggested movies/series from the Netflix thread, thought I would start a HULU one since we just got it for $2/mo. for a year.

Started Handmaids Tale and while I Iike it, the Mrs does not. So what's worth watching? Woke looks interesting.

Little Fires Everywhere

I think you and your wife will enjoy that one.

We tried The Handmaids Tale also, but it took a turn for the weird and we stopped watching it as well.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Oh yea we loved Little Fires Everywhere! Totally forgot that was Hulu...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Saw 1st episode of The Great. A spoof on Catherine The Great of Russia. Looks decent.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited January 2021
    muncybob wrote: »
    Saw 1st episode of The Great. A spoof on Catherine The Great of Russia. Looks decent.

VERY good series - hilarious! Keep watching; it only gets better!