Controlling Soundbar 6000 Power on Volume Level

Options
Hi,
I have the Polk Audio SURROUNDBAR 6000 with Subwoofer. I currently have it synced with my Panasonic TV so that my TV/Cable remote controls the volume on the soundbar. The problem I'm having is that the Soundbar is always loud when I first turn it on. My TV remembers the sound level upon power off, but the Soundbar doesn't.

How do change the power on volume default for the Soundbar so it doesn't blast my ears every time I power it on?

Thanks!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. As a first step try erasing the stored programming. Do this by placing the bar in the "standby" mode, the LED will be red. Then press and hold the "learn" button for a few seconds, the LED will blink. Once this is done the bar will respond to the supplied remote but not with the TV's remote. Now use the TV's remote to re-program the control functions back into the bar and see if this changes the on volume.
    Regards, Ken
  • Bern12158
    Options
    I know this is an old post but I'm having the same issue. I just programmed the sound bar to my TV remote and it works but when I turn off the system then turn it on the sounds bar is really loud even though the TV volume is not changed