Top 4K disc list

Several days in with my new 4K TV, here are my top reference video picks from the litter so far.

1. 1917 - Does not get any better than this. The Dolby Vision encoded video is straight up perfect. Pure reference material!

2. IT - I can't think of a single scene in this Dolby Vision video that was less than amazing.

3. Sicario - There was only one quick scene where the darkness and shadows kept this from from being top notch. The HDR encoded video otherwise is outstanding!

Let's hear them folks! I'm sure everyone in the 4K universe wants to hear your picks for creme of the crop in 4K video quality.
No excuses!

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Gemini Man - Never seen anything like it from a video impression standpoint. Turns an otherwise average Will Smith action flick into something really special in 4K HDR.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Gemini Man - Never seen anything like it from a video impression standpoint. Turns an otherwise average Will Smith action flick into something really special in 4K HDR.

Interesting you should say that. I'm finding these pristine 4K presentations are making movies that much more enjoyable. I had previously watched 1917 on Blu Ray, but the 4K Dolby Vision is jaw dropping and added to the film.
    No excuses!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Strong Bad wrote: »

Interesting you should say that. I'm finding these pristine 4K presentations are making movies that much more enjoyable. I had previously watched 1917 on Blu Ray, but the 4K Dolby Vision is jaw dropping and added to the film.

I'll have to watch it again, I didn't find it too awesome when I first watched it. I do own the 4K disc and use a Sony XBR950G along with an oppo 205. I've been hesitant to watch Gemini Man but maybe I'll give it a go IF it's rent-able. I just watched the 4K version of Gladiator I thought it was pretty good for an older movie.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Throwing "Blade Runner: 2049" on the list. Stunning 4K video!
    No excuses!
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Just watched The Revenant again I feel this is also an excellent 4K video. The soundtrack was very good as well.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited December 2020

I just watched this last night. The 4K 60fps is an incredibly crystal clear super sharp video. I must say I wish every movie was shot like this. Game changer in sharpness and clarity. The detail of everything was off the charts. The movie itself was mediocre but the filming at 4k 60fps OMG outstanding!