Xbox Series X

Just saw a overview of this new console. it looks very cool and I’m definitely looking forward to getting one in about a year. Anyone else see this?

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I saw it, and it seems pretty nice and powerful. However, I have the current Xbox, and haven’t turned it on for at least a year. I just got tired of dying. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    Looks pretty cool for sure, probably pick one up if it is tied to a halo release
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    VR3 wrote: »
    Looks pretty cool for sure, probably pick one up if it is tied to a halo release

Basically this is what will push me to upgrade from my Halo 4 Xbox one and push me to a 4k TV
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • BlueFox
    Yes. If there is a new Halo that only runs on the new Xbox then I will get one also. Then the big decision will be use the 75” or 65” TV.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    joecoulson wrote: »
    85 Bud.

I might have to upgrade my TV before next Christmas. I have a 60" 4K LG but it doesn't have HDR. I haven't kept up with the market but I could probably upgrade the size a little bit too for way less money than when I bought mine? Or have prices been fairly consistent?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    65" OLED 4K HDR or 82" LED 4K HDR LG's both about $1,700 at Best Buy.

• BlueFox
    TVs are great from a pricing perspective. There are good TVs for most any price/size. Each year, it seems, TV manufacturers have a new TV in size ‘X’, so the current model price is decreased. You can buy new, or find a nice used model for even less.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I have a Sony 75 and while I have been quite happy with it for almost two years, I do now wish I had an Oleg version. That would have cost me 6k plus at the time, but a lot less now.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Jenniechase reported
  • Nightfall
    What a coincidence Digital Foundry and some other YouTube channels just released videos today showcasing the actual internals and information about the Series X.

• joecoulson
    Gotta think this virus will slow the release.
  • Nightfall
    xwjhp9v7tvom.png

• Nightfall
    edited September 2020
    I got wicked lucky. Amazon sold out in about 3 minutes from what it looked like and they're already being scalped on eBay for $1,000+

I had tabs open for every store selling them. The websites were crashing left and right, move on to the next tab. Totally sold out in the US right now AFAIK.

• BlueFox
    Sounds like a success. I can wait before buying.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    Nightfall wrote: »

Several employees at both Bestbuy and another local TV store both told me to hold off on OLED for now. The reason is they easily burn in images. One Best buy employee said he only used his for viewing TV shows and movies and for some reason the red had what he called red burn in in the center. Sony refused to honor the warranty for it.

I hold off if gaming is what you what you want to use it for.
  • joecoulson
    Congrats Josh! Love to hear your review of it when able.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675

Poppycock !
    Image retention ( burn in ) , is a non issue with modern OLED... they all have pixel shift now , and a program that runs automatically after X number of hours to “clean” the screen.
    I've had one , sony, for 2 years now.
    No issues whatsoever ...

Bk

pitdogg2 wrote: »

Several employees at both Bestbuy and another local TV store both told me to hold off on OLED for now. The reason is they easily burn in images. One Best buy employee said he only used his for viewing TV shows and movies and for some reason the red had what he called red burn in in the center. Sony refused to honor the warranty for it.

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    I have a Project Scorpio X Box One X upgraded with a 2TB SSD drive. Like BlueFox, I don't use mine much either so I didn't pre-order a Series X.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    edited September 2020
    gyosa wrote: »
    Poppycock !
    Image retention ( burn in ) , is a non issue with modern OLED... they all have pixel shift now , and a program that runs automatically after X number of hours to “clean” the screen.
    I've had one , sony, for 2 years now.
    No issues whatsoever ...

Bk

pitdogg2 wrote: »

I'm glad you have not had any problems. Myself it was very hard to find a panel I could watch coming from totl Panasonic plasma, they too could have burn in problems. Their solution was a program in the menu that ran a very bright white bar across the screen. The downside to running it was in the long run the brightness of the panel would decrease if you ran it a bunch. I never had to run it on mine. It took me years to find a TV that I could watch without motion blur in fast paced scenes. The very fact that your TV has a program that runs to "clean" the screen speaks to me. Many of the makers have acknowledge this says it can be problematic. I really wanted to buy the Sony OLED panel this year when I settled on the 950g model.
    Gaming can be very hard on displays if gaming is all you do and your games have static image's.

https://www.oled-info.com/tags/burn-image-retention
  • Nightfall
    1dr4zel38kol.jpeg

• pitdogg2
    Ebay here you come ....

B)
  • Nightfall
    ckvpj9fzdu15.png

• BlueFox
    Haven't made my mind up yet between the X and the S version. I like the price of the S, but all games to be played have to be downloaded. Not sure if that is from Microsoft, or you have to rip the games on your own computer.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    If you never play the one you have maybe just wait until a price drop.

• BlueFox
    If you never play the one you have maybe just wait until a price drop.

If that is directed at me I don't have an Xbox. Mine broke and I threw it away.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • I need 3 but can’t find em? No I’m not looking to spend crazy money so I guess it’s hurry up and wait !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Nightfall
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I saw it, and it seems pretty nice and powerful. However, I have the current Xbox, and haven’t turned it on for at least a year. I just got tired of dying. :)

• BlueFox
    That's right. I tried to use it and it broke, so I threw it away. Duh.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    I left work early today. Suddenly felt a little Rona coming on but I think it will be cured before my shift tomorrow.

d3lnnn46k655.jpg
    u0bm6yrfz7lx.jpg