McCormack DNA 225 amplifier

Up for sale is my McCormack DNA225 power amplifier. Not a ton to say about this amp that hasn’t been said on this forum many times over. Plenty of power, high current, detailed yet extremely musical amplifier. Very nice shape cosmetically and operates as it should. Great amp for those looking to move up from some of your older B&K and Parasound gear. I do have all original packaging, manual, and power cord.

225 wpc @ 8 ohms and 400 wpc @4 ohms

Looking for $1500. Local pickup is welcome but shipping is available on your dime. Located in Maryland 21921.

ktq7yciof0o7.jpeg
3b4sw18d7z7p.jpeg
c6vpaw51mutr.jpeg

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Awesome. If I don't ask, someone else will: Pics of the inside? Servicing, upgrades, etc.?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    I’m the second owner so no upgrades or servicing that I know of, I’ll have to get it out of the box tomorrow and pop the top for a few pics
  • I’ll take it. Shipping to zip 53223. Milwaukee WI
    $1,500 plus shipping, plus 2.9% PayPal.
  • You can check me out Toolbox149 on Audiogon, US Audiomart and eBay.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Oh look a random person from HiFi Shark.
  • When you figure out the shipping cost just send me an email with the terms outlined (like an itemized receipt with the final amount). You can send the email to:Tgohr2@gmail.com
    Don’t forget to include the email address of your PayPal account so I can pay you.
    Thanks,
    Tim
  • Oh look a random person from HiFi Shark.
    :)
    Yep
  • Clipdat
    @Gerres26 I'd let this ad run for a few days so some more of the regulars get a chance to see it.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    @verb hasn't bought this yet? WTH!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Clipdat
    lol! He hasn't been on the forum, too busy. I'll text him the link to it.
  • jdjohn
    Well shoot...put me in line after verb for dibs.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Toolbox149, where you live in Milwaukee?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    It's kind of a bummer that Danny has the oe box and packing for this amp, because the buyer will miss out on his custom component packing skills, which are nothing short of artful.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Gerres26
    msg wrote: »
    It's kind of a bummer that Danny has the oe box and packing for this amp, because the buyer will miss out on his custom component packing skills, which are nothing short of artful.

Thanks Scott! I do what I can ;)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited November 2020
    audioluvr wrote: »

lol! I must decline! Got a garage to build!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • On the Brown Deer/Mequon border
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    verb wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »

lol! I must decline! Got a garage to build!

You will need a new system in the garage.
  • Gerres26
    Got a little busy tonight, gonna be another day or so before I can take some pics of the inside of the amp.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Toolbox149 wrote: »
    On the Brown Deer/Mequon border

Got my undergrad at UWM
  • Clipdat
    West Allis was my old stomping ground.
  • Gerres26
    Here’s some pics of the guts
    7aj56ckd9i7n.jpeg
    7sddwv3ijv6x.jpeg
    6zinrgossf5l.jpeg
    b2wuz1k3vzkv.jpeg
    laz0vi5cxyw8.jpeg
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    75,200 mf total capacitance .....
    Curious as to the current amperage ?

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • Gerres26
    Not sure off the top of my head
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Well shoot...put me in line after verb for dibs.

So was I the only one who noticed this?
  • Gerres26
    I took this as a joke... if not @jdjohn , just let me know bud
  • jdjohn
    @Gerres26 actually not a joke, although it's more of a 'want' than a 'need'. I need to check my rack space first if that's okay. I currently have a DNA-125, so need to consider configuration. I will let you know one way or the other tomorrow if that's okay.