Unable To get Satisfactory Results

I have had my PSW -10 sub for a few months now. I have tried extensively to adjust the sub for my listening pleasure. It still eludes my desired results. I have inquired to Google for adjusting subs and found just the most inadequate responses. Can anyone provide a realistic way to get POWER and CLARITY from this sub? I can get POWER with extreme distortion or CLARITY with less than tolerable POWER. It truly vexes me that what I have heard in other systems cannot be achieved with this product. I am now past the return period but wouldn't hesitate to change subs. Here's hoping a glimmer if insight is possible.

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    That is a low power, entry level sub. Use it in a small room.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Boom, boom, boom. About all you'll get out of that sub. And I use that term loosely.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    How big is your room, anyway?
    What are you running it with?
    What are you listening to where you get each of these performance characteristics?
    What are your settings?

By power I presume you're talking about output level? Volume and impact what you're looking for?

Might be asking too much of it as the others have said, but elaborate a little.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    I am assuming you have shoved it in a corner?