Unable To get Satisfactory Results

I have had my PSW -10 sub for a few months now. I have tried extensively to adjust the sub for my listening pleasure. It still eludes my desired results. I have inquired to Google for adjusting subs and found just the most inadequate responses. Can anyone provide a realistic way to get POWER and CLARITY from this sub? I can get POWER with extreme distortion or CLARITY with less than tolerable POWER. It truly vexes me that what I have heard in other systems cannot be achieved with this product. I am now past the return period but wouldn't hesitate to change subs. Here's hoping a glimmer if insight is possible.

Comments

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 14,148
    That is a low power, entry level sub. Use it in a small room.
    Lumin X1 file player
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,946
    Boom, boom, boom. About all you'll get out of that sub. And I use that term loosely.
  • msgmsg Posts: 6,269
    How big is your room, anyway?
    What are you running it with?
    What are you listening to where you get each of these performance characteristics?
    What are your settings?

By power I presume you're talking about output level? Volume and impact what you're looking for?

Might be asking too much of it as the others have said, but elaborate a little.
    I disabled signatures.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 10,385
    I am assuming you have shoved it in a corner?
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e