Changes to Polk Audio website

The Polk Audio web site looks completely different and it no longer has a link to the forums. Does anyone know what is going on?

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Interesting. I wonder if it is a mistake, or an indicator of what's to come?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Looks mainly like an effort to scrub the old branding off the site's pages and do a gradual update of everything. It's happened before.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    At least they removed the heart. I just never liked it with the current logo.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    I'm sure that is a work in progress and looking a lot better than the older version, which never made any sense.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    That was my concern regarding the "what's to come". If it is not a mistake, it looks like they removed the L800 from the lineup and put some of the other Legend speakers on sale. Could be the Russians!

None of the Legend series is on sale.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• j1ibpw0s7p7i.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • BlueFox
    The Polk Audio web site looks completely different and it no longer has a link to the forums. Does anyone know what is going on?

You have to go to the bottom of the Support page, and the link is there.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    The good ol' days Scott....
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    edited October 2020
    F1nut wrote: »
    That was my concern regarding the "what's to come". If it is not a mistake, it looks like they removed the L800 from the lineup and put some of the other Legend speakers on sale. Could be the Russians!

Oops, I mistook the red sale emblem for the wrong speaker. But, aren't the L600 and L200 prices lower than they used to be? Didn't L600 use to be about $4000 a pair, and now it shows as $3498 a pair. L200 were $1799 a pair, now $1499. L100 now $999. Maybe it has been that way for a while and I never noticed.
  • F1nut

Oops, I mistook the red sale emblem for the wrong speaker. But, aren't the L600 and L200 prices lower than they used to be? Didn't L600 use to be about $4000 a pair, and now it shows as $3498 a pair. L200 were $1799 a pair, now $1499. L100 now $999. Maybe it has been that way for a while and I never noticed.

Those were the original MSRP prices, which increased just before the Legend line was released due to increased tariffs. Polk seems to have found a way to get back to the original prices.

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922

Maybe not from Polk directly (?) but dealers have "price breaks" on at least some of them (FWIW):
    https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107L200BA/Polk-Audio-Legend-L200-Black-Ash.html

avkte7oqf6z6.png
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    BlueFox wrote: »

Or just create a bookmark?
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Doro's Polk BBQ... Sweet! Let's go!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    msg wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

Or just create a bookmark?

On my iPad I have a Polk icon.

su3gtssgmqlj.png

Touching it brings me here.

6fxqbfrhmjd3.png

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    You're touching it too much Bud!

Careful! You'll go blind!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    audioluvr wrote: »
    You're touching it too much Bud!

Careful! You'll go blind!

I'll take a chance on this eye!
  • F1nut
    Just got an email announcing the new Polk site, yet they don't have all the products listed. Come on guys......

President of Club Polk

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Just got an email announcing the new Polk site, yet they don't have all the products listed. Come on guys......

Surely the omission of the L800's is an over sight on someones part?

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Merry Christmas :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    Are the car and marine speakers gone now?
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    edited October 2020
    I think they they should revert back to the 1996/1997 website and go from there.

24hpql57nm6o.png

kvoxin4ofu1q.png

• F1nut
    If you click on the links at the top today you get 404.....sigh

President of Club Polk