POLKFEST - NOVEMBER 2020 - North Charleston SC......BE THERE.

13»

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    As Sgt. Schultz would say....very interesting.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    Actually I think that was a Arte Johnson line from Rowan and Martin's Laugh In?....still....
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    Is this still on? @pitdogg2 you can swing by Michigan and travel with @GlennDog and I! And @Thorton too! :smile:

That a great offer but my drive to you is half way to there :D
    By the way I'm not riding on the handle bars on those motorcycles.
    ;)
    Heck Mike can fit in the saddle bags

Just saw this. Love you too Ivan. Saddle bags, glove box.......feed me beer and I'll travel.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    So, if I missed it I apologize, but do we have a date set in stone yet?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    13-15 November....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • CH46E
    Thanks.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a mountain cabin anywhere upto 2 hours drive from Charleston?

Wife picked that weekend for a small family trip. She wants to go to some mountains. She knows I'm going to Polk Fest this year and agreed to look near Charleston.

If we can't get a cabin we may rent another RV.
  • TroyD
    The mountains are a long way from Charleston....
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    But the beaches are close! All I remember about SC was Ft. Jackson in the summer was so freaking hot and humid that the sweat would pour down my back and legs into my boots. Should be nice in November though.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • TroyD
    Exactly why we don’t Fest in the summer here....
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Is the airport code chs?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    erniejade wrote: »
    Is the airport code chs?

It's IDK
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • CH46E
    erniejade wrote: »
    Is the airport code chs?

Yes.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Thx
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • CH46E
    I'm 100% in with my 15 year old son. So far he just thinks its loud music. Maybe ya'll can help me convert him into a budding Audiophile?????

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I'm thinking about going to Cancun around then. Maybe I can talk the S.O. into a stop in Charleston for a couple of days prior. We were thinking about spending a day or two somewhere in FL with a direct flight but this just sounds like fun.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CH46E
    edited August 2020
    Only about a 6 hour drive from Orlando. I'm on Merritt Island. Would be cool to have as many members as possible attend.

We did the Riviera Mya in 2018. Id try to get as far south from Cancun as possible. As far south as Playa Del Carmen and or Tulum. Be sure to go see Chitz inetza (spelling i know). Well worth it.
    Direct flight from Orlando was cheap and about 2 hours IIRC.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    So what are you say no lines of covid???
    I was so looking forward to trying some...
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    VERY glad you pushed it to Spring 2021. No way I could have made it in November with the continued meltdown we have going on and travel restrictions at my work. Vacays I had planned for late January and now early March...I cancelled those. The Photography Expo near Dallas / FW in late Jan was cancelled.

I might do some of that covid that pitdogg2 is talking about to get by.
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    Cool!

Looking at dates......first half of April is probably where it will end up....and TLW says this is a mandatory function for Strong Bad!
  • Not an easy call to make, but without a doubt this is a good decision! Looking forward to a great event in the spring....
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    So what is up with this? Is it happening?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    xjghost wrote: »

Spring as his area is high covid-19 atm
  • TroyD
    xjghost wrote: »

It is happening in April, first week most likely. Covid is just out of control right now around here......

• FYI, Easter 2021 weekend is April 3-4
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Any of these jokers from Charleston coming?
    4mwvrc5ixps0.jpg

"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ^^^ some interesting hairstyles there.