Dogs & Cats (and anything else?)

Options

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    On my front porch. Only about an inch long. I've seen these guys a lot but none with eyes as red as this one.

4n9v1j0uyxl7.jpg
    2k8lih1eej5a.jpg

I used to have Wacky Wall Walker frogs in Kali, they are cool but their dew dew sticks to the wall too.
  • afterburnt
    edited October 2020
    Options
    1pxzsw8587jl.jpg

Best friend that I ever had possibly the only friend that I ever had. She has been gone for some years now and I don't have the guts to get another dog. Her name was Hillary, SAY HER NAME! She actually had a lot of names mostly variations of "**** Dog" Like Poopinstein, PoopDe Chine, PoopMachine, etc. etc. She knew them all.

Ha! You can't say p o o p in Romper Room, friggin pathetic.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Best thing to do when you lose a dog is after an amount of time to grieve is to get another dog. You won't forget the one you lost, but it helps get over the loss.

Why not have the pleasure of having another dog?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • afterburnt
    Options
    @milto, I had 3 dogs when the first one died (I cried like a little biotch) and I immediately thought of getting another. Then I thought that I am going to have to go through this 2 more times as is and that's 2 more times too many. That Yorkie there was the last of the bunch. My daughter does like this Uber dog walking thing for extra money and she can't have a dog where she lives. I may try it, it will get me some exercise and I will get to hang out with the kind of people that I like, dogs.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Zazie is too cute

Thanks Josh :) She is the baby of the bunch. We got her when the shelters were being cleared out due to COVID.
    SCompRacer wrote: »

Comforting the wife post surgery a couple months back.
    I’m glad to hear that slacker is pulling his weight (also glad that Dana is on the mend).

My better half says that Zazie has been by my side since I recently went through a procedure and have been home recovering.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    My old shepherds knew not to take the eye off the prize when humans were eating. My floors were always spotless, even with 2 little kids in the house!

The younger shepherd, we called her “the shadow” when the kids were in a high chair. You would just see her big dumb ears sticking up from the side, waiting. The food rarely had the chance to hit the floor...
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    I should name her Hoover.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Is there a hole in that ottoman?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
  • mrbiron
    Options
    The alarm goes off early, like it always does, and Mr Headsmasher rushes over to casually sit on my right shoulder, purring up a storm into my ear.

Within a blink of an eye, a loud, wet gargle comes from his dirty hole licking mouth which instantly engaged my nonexistent spider sense, and swiped him to the floor. On his way down, vomit spewed in a 12" long streak, starting at my bed and projected outward. That could have filled my ear instantly...

He then has the audacity to run, from his spoils, to the bathroom where he sits on the sink, loud meowing like a jerk, awaiting the faucet to turn on for his morning drink. So, you ask yourself, what does Mark do? I'll tell you, i cleaned the sputum in my underwear and gave Lloyd a drink of water because his breath was rank smelling.

What an abomination...

koh2cmz0rn95.jpg
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Those midnight heaving puke sounds will awake the dead for sure. Panic ensues.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    I suddenly have a hankering for Taco's....
  • mrbiron
    edited October 2020
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Those midnight heaving puke sounds will awake the dead for sure. Panic ensues.

I don’t know what I get up quicker for, 4yo claiming she needs to use the bathroom at 1am, random smoke detector, wife getting frisky, burglars, cat yacking somewhere in the dark With a fear of stepping in it!?!?
  • Clipdat
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Within a blink of an eye, a loud, wet gargle comes from his dirty hole licking mouth

Yikes. What an experience. Any idea what caused him to violently upchuck?
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Within a blink of an eye, a loud, wet gargle comes from his dirty hole licking mouth

It's a cat.....

😲
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I must have the least pukey cat then since he only does it like twice a year, and then there's grass in there so I know it's because he went outside and ate a bunch of grass.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    I must have the least pukey cat then since he only does it like twice a year, and then there's grass in there so I know it's because he went outside and ate a bunch of grass.

Try the sativa instead of the indica
    Lol
  • mrbiron
    Options

Do you understand where cats put their mouths?! :D
    You take a stab at your exhaust pipe and i'm sure you will do the same thing.

He is an indoor cat, so i don't have to worry about the grass clippings, but when i do sluice his litter box, its usually full of house plants and piece of plastic bags. He's my buddy, but boy is he dumb.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I let my cats go out back for an hour or so most days, and they immediately start chewing on the grass. Thankfully most days they don't upchuck it. Not really sure what the fascination is with grass.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Free horse. Then you need $100,000 barn, $10,000 in fencing, 6 ton of hay per year at approximately $250/ ton, $75,000 for the truck and trailer to haul said hay, then there's vet bills, farriers, saddles, tack... Almost makes me wish I had boys.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • fish357
    fish357 Posts: 304
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Boys instead of horses? Ha
    Girls definitely get horse crazy for some reason, but the guys do too. Everyone wants to be a cowboy.
    In 2008, we had to ship square bales from Florida, because Indiana was in a drought.
    Packing those suckers in the barn have me the worst case of chiggers ever. I had chiggers in places on my body I’ve never even seen. Rough summer...