Working from home?

Options
So in the new world many of us are exclusively working from home... Have you made any changes and or upgrades to your home office desk to accommodate all the devices to work efficiently and to look better?

I mounted my speakers on wall stands, put a lot of my infrastructure devices in a wall cabinet and hung my big screen from the ceiling to free up some desk space to have a little working room...

How about you guys?

avsnecf9vuik.jpg
My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Basement is half finished. 2 more weeks to go before they complete it.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,036
    Options
    LS50s -- nice computer speakers. :)

Lots of Zoomin' goin' on here for fun and profit.
    Teachin' my glycobiology course "remotely" (from home) this fall. I miss being in the room with the "kids", but I do not miss schlepping to Boston every Wednesday afternoon.

Currently using a pretty inelegant :p setup in the hifi room -- as cool weather descends on the Upper Valley, I "intend" to set up something a little more permanent upstairs in our "office" (third BR). My son clued me in (cued me in?) on a recent Lenovo sale for a widescreen monitor, so I bought one for just that purpose.

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    My main rig room doubles as my home office. My desk sits up against the side wall in the back of the room. Thus, luckily my pre has a balance adjust to give the right speaker 2 to 3 clicks to offset the seating position. Oh the first world problems I must endure...but it is annoying!!
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    LS50s -- nice computer speakers. :)

Lots of Zoomin' goin' on here for fun and profit.
    Teachin' my glycobiology course "remotely" (from home) this fall. I miss being in the room with the "kids", but I do not miss schlepping to Boston every Wednesday afternoon.

Currently using a pretty inelegant :p setup in the hifi room -- as cool weather descends on the Upper Valley, I "intend" to set up something a little more permanent upstairs in our "office" (third BR). My son clued me in (cued me in?) on a recent Lenovo sale for a widescreen monitor, so I bought one for just that purpose.

The ls50's are not just computer speakers... I have them connected to the Peachtree and the tube amp (for winter use only) with a bluesound node so I can enjoy some music with some decent SQ. There is also an SVS SB2000 sub in the room as well...

I have 2 computers (a laptop and a NUC) which share the large monitor. I found a logitech keyboard which allows you to share connectivity to up to 3 devices so I can switch from my NUC to my company computer with having to move the little dongle around or have 2 keyboards and mice.

Logitech MK850

Works great

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    My office is in the back corner of my 2 channel room/nerd cave.
    Been working from home the last 5 or so years so this is no change from the norm for me.

qsa11toxfs4u.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • CottageChz
    Options
    Very nice setup, Mikey. I have added a sit/stand ikea desk to my workspace. I don’t use the stand feature a lot, but sometimes my back hurts and it helps to stand up.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The ls50's are not just computer speakers... I have them connected to the Peachtree and the tube amp (for winter use only) with a bluesound node so I can enjoy some music with some decent SQ. There is also an SVS SB2000 sub in the room as well...

I have 2 computers (a laptop and a NUC) which share the large monitor. I found a logitech keyboard which allows you to share connectivity to up to 3 devices so I can switch from my NUC to my company computer with having to move the little dongle around or have 2 keyboards and mice.
    Logitech MK850
    Works great
    Nice setup! That looks like a space that you can hang out in all day! You have many toys there. What's the vented box that your router is sitting on?

Myself, I don't have office space in my 2000 sq. ft. 4 bedroom home, the largest I've lived in. I really wanted some man space in this house and my basement is unfinished. My Son plans to go away to college next year so that will be one out of two out the house.

So as a compromise in the Spring when we got the OK to work from home I made a space in my living room looking out the window. I have a Harman / Kardon Bluetooth behind the work and personal laptops. This is the room that I want to put a simple music system in using the KEF LS50 Wireless (Now the Wireless II Meta) and a sealed Rythmik sub. Maybe as guys start to move to the LS50W II there will be used deals on the original.
    e90rx7cfvndq.jpg

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    I was home for about 3 days when I decided I couldn’t sit all day (I also have a standing desk at work). I built this desk a couple years ago so I went out in the garage one morning in March and built the riser using scrap work. I have yet to varnish it but it serves the purpose. This is the bonus room off our bedroom which is connected to the laundry room so it is multi purpose. My wife is set up next door in a corner our bedroom. The beat part is the view...not too bad.
    v57jlao5y54h.jpeg
    wvr3ui3in9k2.jpeg

Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »

Logitech MK850
    Works great
    Nice setup! That looks like a space that you can hang out in all day! You have many toys there. What's the vented box that your router is sitting on?

Myself, I don't have office space in my 2000 sq. ft. 4 bedroom home, the largest I've lived in. I really wanted some man space in this house and my basement is unfinished. My Son plans to go away to college next year so that will be one out of two out the house.

So as a compromise in the Spring when we got the OK to work from home I made a space in my living room looking out the window. I have a Harman / Kardon Bluetooth behind the work and personal laptops. This is the room that I want to put a simple music system in using the KEF LS50 Wireless (Now the Wireless II Meta) and a sealed Rythmik sub. Maybe as guys start to move to the LS50W II there will be used deals on the original.
    e90rx7cfvndq.jpg

The cab on the wall is a rack

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    I was home for about 3 days when I decided I couldn’t sit all day (I also have a standing desk at work). I built this desk a couple years ago so I went out in the garage one morning in March and built the riser using scrap work. I have yet to varnish it but it serves the purpose. This is the bonus room off our bedroom which is connected to the laundry room so it is multi purpose. My wife is set up next door in a corner our bedroom. The beat part is the view...not too bad.
    v57jlao5y54h.jpeg
    wvr3ui3in9k2.jpeg
    Is that a lake or the Brazos?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Lake Waco @PSOVLSK
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Been working from home the last 5 or so years so this is no change from the norm for me.

My ex-wife bought me a Challenge Stradale shirt at the Ferrari store in Rome that has a similar paint scheme to two of those cars pictured on your monitors. Has that livery carried through to new models or are they a bit different?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options

qsa11toxfs4u.jpg

I like the looks of that char! What model is that one? I need a different one for home.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2020
    Options
    You guys call those work desks. Not a piece of paper or stapler in sight. These stacks of paper represent 7M in sales since 01/20. My home is spotless, my home office is just the opposite. No upgrades here just the bare minimum for the last 14 years. My office is a real shet show compared to these others.

ovfj7y3r3tby.jpeg

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    It appears you actually work in your home office.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    It finally pushed me to get A/C and heat in the shop. This also gives us a 5th bedroom in a pinch.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • erniejade
    Options
    No paper needed when you are a online company :)
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

Let me guess you sell paper :D:D:D
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    You guys call those work desks. Not a piece of paper or stapler in sight. These stacks of paper represent 7M in sales since 01/20. My home is spotless, my home office is just the opposite. No upgrades here just the bare minimum for the last 14 years. My office is a real shet show compared to these others.
    7M in sales! WOW, impressive! Even at 3-5% commission that's some nice change.

I'm just helping folks with their solar systems. When I was traveling more I wondered if I could do sales. I always said if I had to travel a lot I would want to be able to have some control over my destiny....and a bigger pay check. However, sale is still a no for me. More power to you guys!

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • ZLTFUL
    Options

qsa11toxfs4u.jpg

I like the looks of that char! What model is that one? I need a different one for home.

https://www.homemakers.com/presidential-seating-b16-collection-gray-executive-office-chair-529713

Presidential Seating B8871-GY

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

My ex-wife bought me a Challenge Stradale shirt at the Ferrari store in Rome that has a similar paint scheme to two of those cars pictured on your monitors. Has that livery carried through to new models or are they a bit different?

The 488 Pista is a throwback to the Challenge Stradale color scheme. Ferrari took a page out of McLaren's "MSO" book and offers a full line of customizations for your order.
    But the "stock" 488 Pista is sexy without anything else.
    https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/ferrari-488-pista

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options

The 488 Pista is a throwback to the Challenge Stradale color scheme. Ferrari took a page out of McLaren's "MSO" book and offers a full line of customizations for your order.

WOW! That's beautiful. I used to see Ferraris every week or so when I lived in Florida but I have missed out having been in Vermont for the last 10 years. :o
  • erniejade
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Let me guess you sell paper :D:D:D

Funny!! Nope run a service desk for an online university.
  • mhardy6647
    Options

WOW! That's beautiful. I used to see Ferraris every week or so when I lived in Florida but I have missed out having been in Vermont for the last 10 years. :o

I seem 'em more than occasionally on the freeways in the summertime. Mostly on I-93, though, comin' up outta Bahsten.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I can't bend conduit over the interwebs..... :/
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Or core drill holes in the wrong place...

• mhardy6647
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Nor can one rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

https://youtu.be/skFWsc_-i14

virtually, that is.
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    :D:D