Any ShopSmith owners here?

I am 'inheriting' a Shopsmith from my wife's grandfather. I think it is a Mark IV. Initial assessment is that he invested in a few of the add-ons, and he took good care of his equipment. He was a true 'woodworker', so there are other pieces of equipment coming my way, such as various planers, a scroll saw, etc. I already grabbed a Craftsman router, and bit set, but it is not a plunge router, and no router table.

There is also some salvaged wood stock in his collection from various demos where he saved pieces. Lots of walnut from what I've seen.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Nice score!

I had a similar situation several years ago where I inherited a Mark 5, Rockwell table saw, Delta planer and jointer, a huge band saw and drill press. I've used most but haven't had a chance yet to use the M5. I've used them a long time ago and know how versatile they are.

I'm hoping when I retire to set up a woodworking shop in my barn.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus