Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Dang nice Joe 👍
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    FWIW, The Binding Posts on the later Halo Series are the best I've had experienced. Large Spade connectors slip into a 'slot' on the bottom edge of the Posts. The Spades are held in place by the Posts with no lateral movement, they lock in SOLID.

Yes they do. I have AQ Castlerock’s and the same was true for me. It’s like the slot was made perfectly for the spade connector. Very happy with how secure they are vs the M700’s.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 699
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Sweet Joe !!

I’m sure you’ll love it !

Cant wait to hear your thoughts ...

Were you shocked at the sheer size of it ?
    Something like 20” deep with the rear handles !

Man, I soooooo wish mine would fit in my space so I could drive the Salks with it ....

👍👍

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

PS Audio S300 - sitting in the closet for now …

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Lol yeah. Only component I have ever owned that got close to this size was the Sony 400 disc DVD jukebox I used to have. Crazy large but so heavy. Dayum.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    Nice acquisition, Joe.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Congrats Joe!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing more as it breaks in, and also as you try different power cords with it.
  • gyosa
    Options
    Power cord that came with my a21 is like a garden hose ....
    Haven't felt a need to replace it .
    But , I'm not a believer in the power cord thing.

Bk
    Dayens Ampino , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Eversolo DMP-A6 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

Parasound A21, Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Cool story, bro.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Who's running a P6?
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    BRUTE FORCE!
    (if needed)
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Who's running a P6?

Me
  • joecoulson
    edited September 2020
    Options
    gyosa wrote: »
    .. , I'm not a believer in the power cord thing.

Bk

Smart person said - you don’t know what you don’t know.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Wow! Parasound even gave you a quarter glued to the top of transformer!

Awesome grab. Good thing your homebrew tv stand was built to hold that pig!
    She sure is purdy.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Homebrew lol
    Yeah it’s made from 1” plywood. Has built in fans too!
    But still didn’t have room for that beast.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Everything I do is homebrew!
    That comment is meant in a good way. ;)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Gerres26
    Options
    I can’t wait for your review on this beast. I’ve been thinking about grabbing one myself these last couple months. Wait...maybe I should skip your review so I don’t have more temptation ;)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Who's running a P6?

Me

Did you upgrade from the P5, if so how do they compare?
  • gyosa
    Options
    undoubtedly......

Bk

Smart person said - you don’t know what you don’t know.
    [/quote]

• joecoulson
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Who's running a P6?

Me

Did you upgrade from the P5, if so how do they compare?

I actually went from a PS Audio Stellar pre to the P6 and like the tonal differences, but no experience with the p5 to p6 sorry.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    No love from @steveinaz ?!? What gives bro?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    That's a BEAUTY...trust me, I was drooling. Love my A21.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Options
    Joe, congrats and looks great on your rack there. Can’t wait wait for your review, especially coming from the M700’s.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Review coming shortly. But I will say, in my particular setup, there is an improvement in many aspects of audio.
    And by far the best built amp I have owned.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Looking forward to your review, Joe. I think you know that you can't judge an amp based solely on its weight/mass. Keep it fair man! ;)

Breaking news: PS Audio now has now come out with the M1200 monoblock!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    ^^^are they thinking a bigger amp will make their amps sound better? Just my opinion but why aren't the top 10 (or 20) audiophile amp manufacturers jumping on the class D bandwagon?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    ^^^are they thinking a bigger amp will make their amps sound better? Just my opinion but why aren't the top 10 (or 20) audiophile amp manufacturers jumping on the class D bandwagon?

I suspect it’s because most audiophile customers aren’t buying them yet. As soon as there is a market there will be plenty of high end manufacturers of Class D amps.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Mark Levinson has been making Class D amps for years. Is that 'high-end' enough?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited September 2020
    Options
    When more than one manufacturer is selling them then there will be a wider acceptance.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Mark Levinson has been making Class D amps for years. Is that 'high-end' enough?

Jeff Rowland makes class D amps also.