Auralic Vega G1

Some of you know, I have had this device for some time. I can say with conviction that I have no desire to upgrade this at all. It has been one of the best audio purchases of my life. Whether it’s the LDS app ( which by all accounts seems to be the best out there) or the build quality or just the unreal sound quality, this thing is what audio dreams are made of.
Very happy. Just wanted to share.

Some pics:

lp2c3mqv5xep.jpeg
ynher9z895ws.jpeg
8j8dayv1zou2.jpeg

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I had the original Auralic Vega DAC. For $3500 I remember its performance was way beyond its price. Enjoy.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Nice pics, Joe. Have you ever tried the headphone jacks?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I have not Jody asI don’t really have any headphones worth a flip. Would like to one day have a cans setup with dedicated amp.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I have not Jody asI don’t really have any headphones worth a flip. Would like to one day have a cans setup with dedicated amp.

The headphone portion of the G2 is amazing Joe so pretty sure the same with the G1. I need so great cans too but that’s not high on my list of things to own!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • tophatjohnny

The headphone portion of the G2 is amazing Joe so pretty sure the same with the G1. I need some great cans too but that’s not high on my list of things to own!

**I don't have Vannilla Comments Edit permission** Can't have it all!!

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • joecoulson
    Anyone else have this component and care to share about its performance?..
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    It am an ebony rhythm stick.
  • joecoulson
    Is that some sort of riddle?
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice piece Joe! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Btw @joecoulson I call dibs when you decide to upgrade to the G2! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Clipdat
    Dave, he will never be getting rid of the G1. You'll just have to order one.
  • verb
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Dave, he will never be getting rid of the G1. You'll just have to order one.

Ugh! I need/want to upgrade the streamer in the garage. The BoxE is ok (Tidal from the phone via BT), but I want to put the CXN v2 in there. That means the 851N moves to the living room, and the Auralic lands in the basement! :)
  • Clipdat
    Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
  • joecoulson
    No sir. That’s never leaving.
    Neither is the Niagara.
    Anything else is debatable
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Neither is the Niagara.

Famous last words..... :D
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Neither is the Niagara.

Famous last words..... :D

The man speaks the truth!!! Every time I say that, the bug hits me and boom, that end game piece is swapped out.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • joecoulson
    Wonder if anyone else has anything to say about their G1/2?
  • Clipdat
    Not until I get a non-stock power cable on it.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Not until I get a non-stock power cable on it.

😂😂😂🎼🎶🎵😂😂😂🎩
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I was drooling over the G1 this morning but the price is up there. Seems there are no used ones floating around the usual sites. The Cambridge CNXv2 may be an option.
  • joecoulson
    Not very many used ones at all. Should give a clue into how good it is.
  • tophatjohnny
    Not very many used ones at all. Should give a clue into how good it is.
    I couldn’t imaging listening to my music seriously any other way! You won’t see
    Or hear of my G2 on the market while I’m
    Still alive!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Tell me this...when your internet goes down or gets reset, does the G1 literally take 15 attempts to re connect the Lightning phone app and re find the freaking streaming device?!?! Good grief😞
  • The G2 processes lightning quick and knows it home crazy fast too! The issue with services going down in my area are rare and knocking on wood have not happened when it mattered to me anyway! The G2 Monster is the gift that just keeps giving and I’m sure the G1 is equally as the same in dependability and SQ! 😉
  • Clipdat
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Tell me this...when your internet goes down or gets reset, does the G1 literally take 15 attempts to re connect the Lightning phone app and re find the freaking streaming device?!?! Good grief😞

Yes, sometimes I've experienced similar where the app would keep asking me what device I wanted it to control. And I would have to put the G1 to sleep and wake it up over and over until the app was able to "see" it. It didn't take 15 attempts though, more like 4 or 5.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »

Yes, sometimes I've experienced similar where the app would keep asking me what device I wanted it to control. And I would have to put the G1 to sleep and wake it up over and over until the app was able to "see" it. It didn't take 15 attempts though, more like 4 or 5.

Poor internet service