Why should I

Why should I buy Polk speakers when you’ve eliminated LSiM speakers which had the good tweeter
and midrange. My 2.3’s died, now all I have are lsi9’s and rti3’s. subwoofer 111 I’m going to buy some floor standing speakers, there’s a plethora of great speakers out there. The Definitively speakers are in the mix, and they have them at Magnolia, with some second string Polk’s
Some final words,
"If you keep banging your head against the wall,
you're going to have headaches."
Warren

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,344
    I'm sure your 2.3's can be repaired. What's the problem?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,931
    Jesse, they are already long gone unfortunately.
    warren wrote:
    I’m not electrically inclined so they were hauled away.

• F1nut
    Clipdat wrote: »
    warren wrote:

That's nuts.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    LSiM’s are around. And the Legends have an even better tweeter.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    F1nut wrote: »
    They died and I’m not inclined in that persuasion.. I gave them away. I’ll find something,I hope
    Thanks for the reply.
    Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren
    dromunds wrote: »
    LSiM’s are around. And the Legends have an even better tweeter.
    We’re all looking for a sale or a bargain. The Legends’ won‘t be on my short list until they are.
    Thanks for the reply

Some final words,
    Warren
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,896
    what are you looking for, bookshelf or floor stand?
    budget?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • F1nut
    warren wrote: »
    They died and I’m not inclined in that persuasion.. I gave them away. I’ll find something,I hope
    Thanks for the reply.

For future reference, there are many here including myself that would have been willing to help figure out and fix the problem for you.

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Floor standing replacements huh. What’s your budget Warren? Do you only want Polks and Definitive or are you open to more brands?
    Used ok?
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,355

warren wrote:

[/quote]

I didn't know anything about electronics before I started reading this forum, and now I can rebuild crossovers. It's not too complicated.
  • dromunds
    Where are you located?
  • joecoulson
    He is 81 and lives in Tucker GA
  • dromunds
    Try calling Adorama and see if they have a pair of LSiM-705's left over by chance that they'd sell you for around $800. You never know, maybe they have a few left over just not enough to do another public sale. Heck, give Polk a call too. Have you checked Polk's eBay store? Maybe somebody on the forum has a pair they'd part with.
  • Here’s a pair of LSiM 707 from a former member in Alpharetta GA for 1200....

Not sure if he’d go lower but you never know.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/polk-lsim707-speakers-pair-1-200-alpharetta-ga-30005.3121006/
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    Those LSi9s, a high current amp with a tube pre, and a couple fast subwoofers could be a great system.
  • warren
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Those LSi9s, a high current amp with a tube pre, and a couple fast subwoofers could be a great system.
    they are, thank you. I still want some new floor standing speakers for the living room.

Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren

joecoulson wrote: »
    Floor standing replacements huh. What’s your budget Warren? Do you only want Polks and Definitive or are you open to more brands?
    Used ok?
    I'd like to hear them before I buy them Magnolia has a nice selection.
    I'll let you know what I get.

Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren
    dromunds wrote: »
    Try calling Adorama and see if they have a pair of LSiM-705's left over by chance that they'd sell you for around $800. You never know, maybe they have a few left over just not enough to do another public sale. Heck, give Polk a call too. Have you checked Polk's eBay store? Maybe somebody on the forum has a pair they'd part with.
    Thanks, I'll call after Labor Day
    [
    Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren
    warren wrote:

That's nuts.
    if I had your abilities it would be nuts. I don't.

Some final words,
    Warren
  • F1nut
    warren wrote: »
    warren wrote:

That's nuts.
    if I had your abilities it would be nuts. I don't.

See my follow up post.

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    Warren if you wanna get those Lsim’s from Alpharetta, I will be happy to pick them up and bring them to you.
  • warren
    Warren if you wanna get those Lsim’s from Alpharetta, I will be happy to pick them up and bring them to you.
    if the offer is still open Joe I’ll take them, thanks!

Some final words,
    Warren
  • joecoulson
    You buy them Warren and then I’ll go get em. PM me when you have all details.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 25,275
    That's the way we roll round here....
  • warren
    I’ll try to contact him, I’ll have to listen to them first, thanks Joe.
    Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren
    It looks like they’ve been sold 7 mo. ago.. Thanks for the offer a Joe. I think they would have fit in my Nissan suv

Some final words,
    Warren
  • warren wrote: »
    It looks like they’ve been sold 7 mo. ago.. Thanks for the offer a Joe. I think they would have fit in my Nissan suv

We picked up our new towers in our Nissan SUV and all boxed up of course I didn’t get a chance to listen. Glad I didn’t because the element of surprise wouldn’t have been as powerful but again we are talking apples to oranges, just thought that the need to listen unless you are doing so in your home with your gear is pretty pointless! I don’t think Polk makes a bad sounding speaker and it’s where I started in my little journey! It was one of my favorite members here (and he’s not going under any bus) that said when I was on the hunt for an upgrade “hey Top, you know there are lots of other speakers out there besides Polk Audio and I never looked back! Well I was considering the new big boys but I found something I liked a lot more just when I was inches away from going back to the Polk brand! Keep all options open !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,056
    If these LSi15s are on your list, perhaps they would hook em up for you to listen at the pawn shop.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/for/d/atlanta-pair-of-two-polk-lsi15-floor/7185518669.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • dromunds
    Offer them half.
  • warren
    He is 81 and lives in Tucker GA

As of November 26, I’m 82 ...
    Some final words,