Painting the house

Tropical color for a tropical setting

pfyzifpw017l.jpg
My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    xtty15zpdk79.jpg

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Looks good Mike. Just curious, will you have the car repainted to match? :p
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mikey081057
    Of course but I need the right roller!!!

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474

Yep you'll need the looped one....
  • Mikey081057
    But I want to get a popcorn finish

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270

I was at my friends body shop a while back, and his paint rep came in and said they actually make roll on primer for auto. My friend said, "that's all I need is a customer to walk in and see me rolling their car with a roller"
  • Mikey081057
    And you thought they grew nice pineapples in Hawaii

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Are you painting the ceiling?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Looks good bro, what the VRBO address?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'm a wood worker and love stained wood or clear coated for the most part.

I've seen a lot of paneling painted over in my many years. Brick fireplaces too. Heck, around here somebody buys old BEAUTIFUL antique furniture and paints them white. Shabby chick is what they call it I think. To me, ball and claw feet just doesn't look right painted white.

Dark paneling, sure...lighten it up!.

A home should make its owner/s feel comfortable. That's all that matters. Furnishings too.

Your painting all that wood and bricks does look good though. ;)

Great job!

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    6iqell1bwuk7.jpg

[/quote]

Nice job, looks much lighter.

What was added here? Looks like an air intake. Circled.

f9b2fjw2zekk.jpg

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I personally like the white better...
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    6iqell1bwuk7.jpg

Nice job, looks much lighter.

What was added here? Looks like an air intake. Circled.

f9b2fjw2zekk.jpg

[/quote]

You nailed it, that's a new air intake. The AC unit is fairly new, but some of the duct work had issues and once they dug into it they pointed out that the AC audible because it was really only getting half the air we needed into the system. That was the easiest place to drop in a new intake to help prevent strain on the system. The sound didn't bother me before, but I have to admit it is much quieter now. Hard to even notice when it's running.

We'll have some more HVAC stuff done down the road. Ran out of funds to do it all right away, but hopefully before next summer.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • pitdogg2
    personally I would have left the brick stay in its natural state, unless it is some sort of paneling.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 993
    Tropical color for a tropical setting

pfyzifpw017l.jpg

That's the biggest pineapple I've ever seen!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    The white has definitely brought that house into the 21st century. Kudos. Looks great man.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Tony M wrote: »

I've seen a lot of paneling painted over in my many years. Brick fireplaces too. Heck, around here somebody buys old BEAUTIFUL antique furniture and paints them white. Shabby chick is what they call it I think. To me, ball and claw feet just doesn't look right painted white.

A home should make its owner/s feel comfortable. That's all that matters. Furnishings too.

Great job!

I has so much to do with your age and what you grew up with (like so many things). I kinda dig the wood paneling and brick because it makes me feel like in Ron Burgandy's house. If I had money for a second home I might just make it a mid-century modern. But for my primary home? No way, white or grey all the way. Much more modern, open and airy. It doesn't feel like the walls are closing in on me...I really like the new look!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Tony M
    You are so right.

If I owned a few houses or a house with a guest house, I would also like a living room in that Mid-Century Modern style. I even owned a real Hermes wood wrapped leather chair and ottoman. I gifted that away too. Before I saw the prices go through the roof for them. Oh well...he was a great boss.

Brighter means more open for sure.

Colors def. have an influence on human emotions.

Remember when Orange countertops and army green appliances were favored?
    The Brady Bunch house interior for instance. ;)

I like almost all interior painting choices. I was a pro-painter for about 7 years. I saw a lot of choices. 99% were fine. I stained a lot of balusters and railings too. I only paneled one small house in all my years and it was GREY paneling. :)

But I cringed with every stroke or roll painting the walls of a small laundry room gloss black for this one woman. There was a window and door on one wall which helped. I told her it would make the small room seem even smaller but she said that's what she wanted. I at least convinced her to use gloss black which helped a lot.
    I saw that room's black walls for many years. Talk about claustrophobia... :#

• pitdogg2
    You mean Avocado green and Harvest Gold of the 70's??
    Yes I remember them well. Every relative i had had those colors
  • Tony M
    You are correct on the colors. I forgot about avocado.

orange countertops...
    cdou414u5rj2.png

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    ^^^^ That up there reminds me of this down here. vvvv

p4tpbh3sap9r.jpg
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »

Great job!

I has so much to do with your age and what you grew up with (like so many things). I kinda dig the wood paneling and brick because it makes me feel like in Ron Burgandy's house. If I had money for a second home I might just make it a mid-century modern. But for my primary home? No way, white or grey all the way. Much more modern, open and airy. It doesn't feel like the walls are closing in on me...I really like the new look!
    We actually looked at a lot of houses with the wood paneling, and many of them where very inviting and made the room feel warm and cozy. But we landed in this house and it just didn't work for us in that room. It was also pretty dated and had lost most of it's shine, which wasn't helping.

Really happy with the new color, but I know it's not for everyone. My grandmother literally gasped when I told her we were planning to paint the brick. I don't think I've ever heard her sound so offended, lol.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • aprazer402
    edited August 2020
    Viking64 wrote: »
    ^^^^ That up there reminds me of this down here. vvvv

p4tpbh3sap9r.jpg

Why was that woman so thin with all that food in the freezer?

She probably was raising several children, she probably smoked two
    packs of cigarettes a day. When papa came home she had to have a big
    dinner ready, and probably ended the day with two martini's. :)

EDIT: Where are the ice cubes in that freezer? Need ice for the martini shaker!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    aprazer402 wrote: »

Why was that woman so thin with all that food in the freezer?

She probably was raising several children, she probably smoked two
    packs of cigarettes a day. When papa came home she had to have a big
    dinner ready, and probably ended the day with two martini's. :)

EDIT: Where are the ice cubes in that freezer? Need ice for the martini shaker!

There are so many things in this post I need to correct, I am not even going to bother.

But to answer the ice cube question: They are in the freezer section of the refrigerator.
  • aprazer402

Enameled Steel Kitchen (St. Charles Kitchen)

3l66nomm9q67.jpg
  • aprazer402

St. Charles Purple Kitchen 1957.

ho4mm8l812ev.jpg

I'm seeing a lot of upper and lower cabinets being painted in two separate colors. I've seen very few that I really like.
  • Tony M wrote: »
    You are correct on the colors. I forgot about avocado.

orange countertops...
    cdou414u5rj2.png

I would pay good money for this kitchen now less the ceiling beams.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.