Tidal

2»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Tidal is easily the best thing that has happened to my audio enjoyment
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    I just found the MQA playlists and put on New Order....game over. Its that good...
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    Speaking of Tidal, you can jump on Hifi for a year for 50% via Best Buy right now.
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-hifi-yearly-subscription-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163

Apparently it was $100 not long ago.

Thx man!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I read through the terms a little more closely and just pulled the trigger on this myself since my trail/discount subscription was set to renew tomorrow.
    Cancelled the current account to avoid confusion.

Here's the key wording in Best Buy's terms that made me feel comfortable:
    http://storage.bestbuy.com/geeksquad/terms/subscriptions/all_subscriptions_2020_06_04_to_present_english.pdf

3a. If you purchased a yearly subscription, we will send you a reminder that your credit or debit card will be charged at the start of the upcoming yearly billing period unless the subscription is cancelled.

4f. for any price increases, we will provide notice to you first. If you do not consent to the price increase, you may either discontinue further renewalsor cancel the subscription before such change take effect.

Figured that might be helpful for people on the fence.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Thanks to everyone who contributed to this heads up. Made the decision a no-brainer.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,137
    It worked! I waited until they cut my music off sometime around 10am. I went to offer.tidal.com/bestbuy and inserted the activation code. It didn't give me an option to start a new account after I signed into my TIDAL but I didn't want to anyway. All good. Have my account back for almost $12 per mo. less than I was paying for a year anyway.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    It worked! I waited until they cut my music off sometime around 10am. I went to offer.tidal.com/bestbuy and inserted the activation code. It didn't give me an option to start a new account after I signed into my TIDAL but I didn't want to anyway. All good. Have my account back for almost $12 per mo. less than I was paying for a year anyway.
    I was a little worried when mine didn't work at first, but also just had to wait until service ended.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs