2ch or ht receiver

Looking for something to run some outdoor speakers on. I've been checking locally but either people want way too much money or they seem to like to post something but not answer your questions. 😕

2ch - bluetooth would be nice but not necessary.

HT - as many as the newer codecs as possible, working preouts,etc. Since I may use it for the living room and move that one to the outdoors.

I'd like to stay around $100.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    I hate CL for that very reason...
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Facebook marketplace is just as bad....
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,422
    edited August 2020
    Some people seem to have great used markets for audio. I, unfortunately, am not in one of those places. Same as you guys - people want too much, and it's usually just beat up garbage anyway. And double it if you can call it vintage. My favorite is the pre-emptively defensive seller:
    Me: Hello Kind Seller, Sir: I'm interested in your [audio item]. Is it still available?

Seller: No remote, bunch of scratches, one channel doesn't work. Volume knob missing, but will include small vise grips. I know what I have here, this is vintage, so don't even think about trying to talk me down!
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Any interest in a Anthem MRX300 with both remotes and the ARC kit? PM Sent.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock wrote: »

OP said around $100. Are you selling that for $100'ish ?

• WLDock
    edited October 2020
    gentlejax wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    OP said around $100. Are you selling that for $100'ish ?

I actually have two MRX300 units. One is in partially working and decent condition but has intermittent HDMI issue and includes only an aftermarket remote. Some days the on screen menus come up, some days they don't. I already replace one bad cap on the HDMI board but need to overhaul the other caps. This is my basement / project unit that I mainly for audio in my workout area. I could correct the HDMI board (I think its just the caps) and sell for $100.

The second MRX300 is in excellent condition and includes everything! Includes both remotes, full ARC kit, serial adapter, software disc, manual, and the original box. I'd like to get $250 for this one and Dan the man @EndersShadow expressed interest just today.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    It looks like Dan may not be interested so the unit is available if any are interested.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,966
    daboyz wrote: »
    Looking for something to run some outdoor speakers on. I've been checking locally but either people want way too much money or they seem to like to post something but not answer your questions. 😕

2ch - bluetooth would be nice but not necessary.

HT - as many as the newer codecs as possible, working preouts,etc. Since I may use it for the living room and move that one to the outdoors.

I'd like to stay around $100.

Plenty of older two channel and HT receivers on eBay for close to that price, but good luck trying to find a AVR with preouts, 4K, and atmos for that $100. I took a chance on a Yamaha rx a820 on eBay for about $130 shipped but that was without the setup mic and it doesn’t do atmos. I found a mic for about $20 shipped. So maybe if you up the budget to $150 or so...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    Have you considered adding a multi channel amplifier to your current receiver (if you have one)? Some receivers have multi-zone capabilities, and could work well for what you’re looking to do. If not I’ll look and see what I have, I’m sure I have a 2 channel receiver I could sell you for less than you're looking to spend. I also have a Bridgeable 8 channel receiver, it’s a Speakercraft BB835 that’s 35WPC @8ohms or is switchable to 4ohms and is Bridgeable as well. Lmk if those sound like they may help
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • daboyz
    I'm out of the market. Thanks though!
  • daboyz
    Back in the market for my brother. He says he will go up to $300.
  • vlam
    vlam Posts: 282
    Any interest in a Denon 3808CI?
    Main Gear
    Panasonic 50" Plasma, Polk LSi15 (Front), LSiC, LSi7 (Rear), Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080, AM-9080 bi-amp to LSi15, AM-9080 bi-amp to LSiC and LSi7.
  • daboyz
    It will definitely be a musical ht receiver.
  • Hello, I have a Denon AVR-3805 in silver with the RC-969 remote in like new condition if you are still looking.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Back in the market for my brother. He says he will go up to $300.

Got a Pioneer elite you can have for a buck and a half. Bought it here and never used it. Forget the model number but I'll go look if your interested. All the new codecs except the atmos stuff.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • daboyz
    chaplir wrote: »
    Hello, I have a Denon AVR-3805 in silver with the RC-969 remote in like new condition if you are still looking.

Thanks but not a good fit for him.
  • daboyz
  • WLDock
    chaplir wrote: »
    Hello, I have a Denon AVR-3805 in silver with the RC-969 remote in like new condition if you are still looking.

Thanks but not a good fit for him.

What are his requirements?
  • daboyz
    Latest codecs, at least 5.1 but the more the merrier, and hopefully 4 ohm stable or good wattage to handle say like rti's. The speakers wont be played that loud it'll mainly be HT. Bluetooth would be a bonus.