Conversations with the family

Options
My wife has a Precor Elliptical in the work out room.
She mentions to me that she wants a way to watch something in there.
I figured it was a good way to segue into getting some good speakers in there.

Me: "Ok so you want a way to watch something and you want to hear it?"
Wife: "Yes, while I work out."
Me: "Ok, so maybe I can bring down the Focal Kanta 2 to the room. I can set it up here, we can figure out the display unit."
Wife: "What?"
Me: "Don't worry, I'll figure out another speaker for the game room, maybe I can do a larger unit or something. Something that has a better looking side profile too. I'm thinking I could buy a nice Sonus Faber, maybe like a grey Stradivari... I think it'll fit ok."
Wife: "What?? I meant we should just buy an Amazon Fire HD 10 so I can watch things and I can use my AirPods for the audio part."
Me: ....
Wife: "You're crazy. Stop it. You're not getting new speakers."
Me: ....
Wife: "Why are you crazy?"
Me: "I don't know."
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    As smart as I believe you are, you are out of your league here. Nice try though. :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Do you have a son to test your logic with? He might be more agreeable :)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,002
    Options
    Ouch! Shot down on two fronts.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Women learn how to say "no" very early in life. It's part of their basic female training I believe.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    "No" s good, "Fine" is not.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    "No" s good, "Fine" is not.

I get confused... what if I just claim miscommunication?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »

Agreed... my son supports daddy getting a Corvette 100% but the wife says he is too little to have a vote.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    My wife has a Precor Elliptical in the work out room.."

Is that in a basement? Most workout equipment is relegated to the basement area where there’s a firm foundation
    Just wondering if it’s in an extreme LL type environment . . . Test for radon if it’s common in your area. . . . My PSA for the day 😁
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Inscrutabl0915
    Options

jdjohn wrote: »

Agreed... my son supports daddy getting a Corvette 100% but the wife says he is too little to have a vote.

Don’t feel bad ... I get outvoted 1 to 1 all the time
  • Inscrutabl0915
    Options
    Except she thought my SF and various tables too much wood/dark, and wanted this furniture, so of course I needed a new system properly color coordinated 😁
    h5ajru04tbud.jpeg