New basement

Finally some room to breath. These baby Polk’s just don’t have the lungs to breathe in this space. Looking forward to a trip to The twin cities to pick up the 2.3tls thanks to Keith geppy1. Will post another soon. 6pwgfubfmmyb.jpeg
I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.

Comments

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Sweet Forte preamp, that F-44 is one that really punches above it’s weight class.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,271
    How big is the new room?
  • Bigbang
    Bigbang Posts: 233
    Basement is 15x35. Lots of space.
  • Bigbang
    That pre amp changed my mind that pre amps don’t really play a part. Huge difference from my old $100 pre. I forget what I had.
  • invalid
    The 2.3TL's would work well in that room. Now while there isn't too much stuff in the room, I would try your speakers without anything in between them or put everything on the floor just to check out the difference in sound without anything between the speakers. It made a huge difference in my room.
  • Bigbang
    Nothing between or everything on the floor. Ok. Interesting. I’ll do it.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    edited August 2020
    I can vouch for nothing between. It can be mesmerizing to hear a complete soundstage coming from a wall between the speakers and they just disappear.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2020
    I know one member with 2BTL's in a room much bigger than yours and they have no problem filling it. Therefore, I'd have to say your speakers aren't the issue.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bigbang
    I don’t think it’s an “issue”. I’ve had the larger SDA speakers in a larger room compared to the 1c’s and they just tend to move more air and therefore breathe better in the larger space. They tend to fill it better. I wouldn’t mention it if I hadn’t experienced it.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Man those SDA 1Cs lasted what two weeks lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Bigbang
    I know but how can I pass up 2.3tl’s. They still sound great. I just want more.
  • invalid
    I have a 16×24 room with sda2A's and it fills the room good with my krell amp, but not with my marantz sr7007 avr.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Bigbang wrote: »
    I know but how can I pass up 2.3tl’s. They still sound great. I just want more.

With a full mod and spikes and some real cables you would get just that
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus