New basement

Options
Finally some room to breath. These baby Polk’s just don’t have the lungs to breathe in this space. Looking forward to a trip to The twin cities to pick up the 2.3tls thanks to Keith geppy1. Will post another soon. 6pwgfubfmmyb.jpeg
I like to listen, tinker, listen and repeat.

Comments

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 862
    Options
    Sweet Forte preamp, that F-44 is one that really punches above it’s weight class.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    How big is the new room?
  • Bigbang
    Bigbang Posts: 233
    Options
    Basement is 15x35. Lots of space.
  • Bigbang
    Options
    That pre amp changed my mind that pre amps don’t really play a part. Huge difference from my old $100 pre. I forget what I had.
  • invalid
    Options
    The 2.3TL's would work well in that room. Now while there isn't too much stuff in the room, I would try your speakers without anything in between them or put everything on the floor just to check out the difference in sound without anything between the speakers. It made a huge difference in my room.
  • Bigbang
    Options
    Nothing between or everything on the floor. Ok. Interesting. I’ll do it.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I can vouch for nothing between. It can be mesmerizing to hear a complete soundstage coming from a wall between the speakers and they just disappear.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I know one member with 2BTL's in a room much bigger than yours and they have no problem filling it. Therefore, I'd have to say your speakers aren't the issue.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bigbang
    Options
    I don’t think it’s an “issue”. I’ve had the larger SDA speakers in a larger room compared to the 1c’s and they just tend to move more air and therefore breathe better in the larger space. They tend to fill it better. I wouldn’t mention it if I hadn’t experienced it.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Man those SDA 1Cs lasted what two weeks lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Bigbang
    Options
    I know but how can I pass up 2.3tl’s. They still sound great. I just want more.
  • invalid
    Options
    I have a 16×24 room with sda2A's and it fills the room good with my krell amp, but not with my marantz sr7007 avr.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Bigbang wrote: »
    I know but how can I pass up 2.3tl’s. They still sound great. I just want more.

With a full mod and spikes and some real cables you would get just that
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus