WTB: Cary 805AE monoblocks

If you have a lead or if you want to sell yours, I’ll buy it.

Silver or black, I can do either.

Thx
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Geez. You need a new hobby. Astronomy? Basket weaving? 🤪
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Transmission surgeon?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    haha

I have the amp stands for them, the amp stands are empty and need amps.
    Would be nice as a secondary to the main amp.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    So you're looking for mono's because your amp stands are lonely? Good luck with finding them. They look to be some stellar amps! What are you going to match them with, a Pass pre?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    edited August 2020
    Those are stellar ramps!
    Just wondering though… I don’t recall the SQ difference between the anniversary edition vs the reference ed. Can you enlighten me, sir?

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Joey_V
    edited August 2020
    audioluvr wrote: »
    So you're looking for mono's because your amp stands are lonely? Good luck with finding them. They look to be some stellar amps! What are you going to match them with, a Pass pre?

Had the Cary 211FE in the past, had SRA amp stands custom for the cary monoblocks. Sold the 211FE, but kept the amp stands. Always told myself that I'd get the 805AE someday to fill the void.

I know there's a new 805RS, but I don't know what the big differences are between the 2 yet. Itll be impossible to find those RS. And the cost difference may not be worth the sonic difference... I think.
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Those are stellar ramps!
    Just wondering though… I don’t recall the SQ difference between the anniversary edition vs the reference ed. Can you enlighten me, sir?

Cary 805ae vs 805rs you mean?
    Or do you mean the 211fe vs 805ae?
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    805ae vs 805rs you mean?

Yes, sir
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Joey_V
    GlennDog wrote: »
    805ae vs 805rs you mean?

Yes, sir

Hey man
    Not sure what the difference is, I read reviews and it appears there are internal changes. Auto bias also.
    If the cost difference is one or two K, I can see jumping to the newer one, otherwise I think an AE is fine.

How’s your Cary?
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    @Joey_V

Not sure if these are the ones you are looking for. They don't say AE?
    No affiliation:
    https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649678810-cary-805-monoblock-amps/
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G