Horrible customer service

Options
This is in regards to incident #200628-000062. I have owned a magnifi mini soundbar system for less than a year. It WAS a great sound system and I loved it, until recently, when my sound bar wouldn't power on. I immediately called polk, as it is still covered under warranty. After waiting hours on hold several days in a row without reaching anyone, I gave up and wrote an email. I received an automated email saying my product was on the way. What product I wondered, since I hadn't even spoke with anyone. I decided to call back, an hour and a half later I get a hold of someone who tells me a new soundbar is on the way. Well a week later a remote shows up in the mail. Weird I thought. So I decided to call back. 2 more hours on hold and I'm talking to someone who assures me they made a mistake and a new soundbar is on the way. 1 week goes by, then two, now 3 weeks and I am dreading calling back and wasting an afternoon but I give in. Finally another hour and a half on hold and I reach someone. Now he tells me the product is out of stock and it will be at least two more weeks before it is back in stock!!! I politely and calmly explained my situation to him and he said there was nothing he could do but transfer me to a supervisor. So 45 mins later the supervisor tells me all he can do for me is expedite the shipping when the product eventually arrives (2-3 weeks from now). I've been dealing with this relatively new soundbar issue for over a month already and I am still at square one. Not to mention the massive amount of time I have wasted on the phone and Polk can't even offer me an upgrade or even credit towards another purchase? Apparently their customers are not worth it to them because they just lost one. I'm just in huge disbelief at how atrocious the customer service is and I will be warning everyone I know that even though their product's might be good, Polk seems to have a really difficult time providing basic customer service to existing customers and they must also have a hard time fulfilling their warranty claims.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Sorry to hear this. Agree that it is not how you should respond to customer issues. It didn't use to be that way fwiw.

perhaps the retired Ken will help you out @KennethSwauger
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    This seems to be a theme with service. Over the last year or so there have been multiple posts like yours. Interestingly, they are always about soundbar issues. Good luck.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused, I'll forward this on to Kim Jasper the head of Polk CS.