Where is Tonyb??

Options
Anyone seen Or heard from my Italian friend?

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 8,014
    Options
    His page says last active at 8:02 am today: you could just pm him 😂
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,800
    Options
    Yep he's here.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,290
    Options
    He's dancing around just beyond the light of the campfire... or, as Bruce Cockburn put it
    And just beyond the range of normal sight
    This glittering joker was dancing in the dragon's jaws...

B)

https://youtu.be/4i12P_kv6z4

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,913
    Options
    Drinkin' coffee just listening to you yutes ham it up. Do more listening than posting these days. Mainly because I have some things on my plate to deal with I normally don't but hey...that's life right.

Who snagged that Tri vista in the FM ? I was shakin' out couch cushions to put together some coin but somebody beat me to it. Dang nice piece at a nice price.

As far as my medical junk goes....had a check up last month with another CT scan, blah blah. So far so good, healing fine. Doc doesn't want to see me for a year now so that's good news. Only other problem is the mitral valve thing which I need to go back and get taken care of.

Wife has had 3 weeks of furlough in June, another week in July, so audio coin is nowhere to be found these days. Least she still has a job in all this mess.

Considering everything, life is still good. I can eat good still, drink good....and have sex....what's to complain about ? :)

Thanks for askin' anyway Joe. Hope you and yours are doing fantastic too and keeping safe in all this virus junk. My wife's Aunt just caught it a month ago after they opened her gym in Florida. She went 4 days straight and bam, got it. She's 60, but in good health and so far is recovering nicely with just some meds. Be safe everyone.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Tony! Glad to hear from you.

I was very worried as you never commented on the coffee machine thread. That’s very unlike you my friend, this is coffee we were talking about.

Glad to hear you are good my man.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,778
    Options
    I should come over and snag some lasagna......
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

man that is good stuff....
  • joecoulson
    Options
    Found him on submarine
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Options
    Tony, just come to the motherland and let's eat pasta, that's a plate I know you're always happy to see full.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,532
    Options
    Glad your medical situation continues to improve. God bless buddy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,483
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    zj8a7sm7url6.jpg

Only one real person in that. Who might that be?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,731
    Options
    Joe "The Spoiler" Coulson.
    I disabled signatures.
  • lightman1
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

man that is good stuff....

Truth! Mrs B will throw the groceries at you. Fo sho!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,227
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    zj8a7sm7url6.jpg

Only one real person in that. Who might that be?
    That's clubpolk's version of Where's Waldo, except it's Where is Tonyb?
  • tonyb
    Options
    Tony, just come to the motherland and let's eat pasta, that's a plate I know you're always happy to see full.

Dude....I got an envelope....with Italy stamped on it for the 20 year anniversary. Hopefully the virus crap will be done by then.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes gents. Maybe I'll catch up if Russ ever decides to get hitched. Now that's a party ya can't miss. 🙂
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Dude....I got an envelope....with Italy stamped on it for the 20 year anniversary. Hopefully the virus crap will be done by then.

I'm here again for a couple more years, Sicily again. I hope your trip can happen soon, and congrats on 20 years, I wish you guys at least 20 more.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,912
    Options
    and here I was thinking Tony paid a visit to Joey....both were/are missing.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Good to see you.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • joecoulson
    Options
  • lightman1
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes gents. Maybe I'll catch up if Russ ever decides to get hitched. Now that's a party ya can't miss. 🙂

Waiting this cooties thing out. Won't be long though.
  • joecoulson
    Options
    ^reported for having cooties
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,912
    Options
    joecoulson wrote: »

Reported for reporting!!
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »

Reported for reporting!!

Narc....
  • Hermitism
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Has anyone heard from B Run or AsSiMLaTed?

dudeinaroom?

Joey with the soul patch, can't think of his name?

The guy that soldered his speaker wire and heard a difference? I have absolutely no idea who that was, but he posted a lot when he joined.
    Post edited by Hermitism on
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2020
    Options
    zj8a7sm7url6.jpg

OK -- I've gotta mention this.
    This Where's TonyB Waldo? montage triggered an old memory. For some years, there was an annual Baltimore City fair held (mostly) under a lengthy Jones Falls Expressway underpass near downtown Charm City. Used to be a pretty big deal. One year (sometime in the '80s) there was a big two-page spread advertising the fair that featured an incredibly complicated line drawing of a big crowd of revelers reveling under the bridge at the fair.

Someone notice that, on the merry-go-round, there were a (literal) couple of revelers that were reveling in a rather family-inappropriate way. Well, actually, it could have been a very appropriate way to start, or add to, a family -- but someone
    complained and the Baltimore Sun (who ran the ad) were chagrined.

I actually have a copy of the original newspaper ad somewhere (or, at least, I did).
    B)

Anyway, ever since, I am always a little leery of looking too closely at crowd scene images like the one posted above. :|

EDIT: It was in 1987.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1987/09/19/baltimore-finds-an-explicit-surprise-in-ad-for-city-fair/d0337cfe-c7f3-47ad-8f5e-5cc315ce19e5/
  • Hermitism
    Options
    Revelers reveling. LOL
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I want to be clear...I did not ask where you were. :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Revelers reveling. LOL

Was I too tautological?

;)

rc869n7zeibb.png
    https://xkcd.com/703/