Parasound P5 replaced by P6

chumlie
chumlie Posts: 8,658
edited August 2018 in 2 Channel Audio
Post edited by chumlie on

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Looks like there has been quite the upgrade with ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M) being one. Burr-Brown dac is gone and it also has a display. instead of Alps it has a Burr Brown analog resistor ladder volume control. All in all it looks to be a pretty good upgrade in parts.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited August 2018
    I'm seeing the price on the P6 at $1495. The HINT 6 integrated amp may be the $2995 figure. Both are a bit more than the previous versions, but there are significant upgrades.
  • chumlie
    Where are you seeing P6 at $1495 ?
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I'm seeing the price on the P6 at $1495. The HINT 6 integrated amp may be the $2995 figure. Both are a bit more than the previous versions, but there are significant upgrades.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2018
    ^^Audio Adviser $1495.

That is a heafty increase, of about 30%. That volume pot has to be a good part of it.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • chumlie
    edited August 2018
    Oops. Typed this up before getting my facts strait. Mistook the Integrated price for P6. Then it's worth the price of admission. Sorry !!! Price has been corrected.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I would like to buy a JC 5 for the price of an A 21.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    This may be the preamp that replaces my Benchmark DAC2L.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    It looks like a very nice unit. That one in black mated with an A21 and I would be done! Someday...
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • pitdogg2
    steveinaz wrote: »
    This may be the preamp that replaces my Benchmark DAC2L.

it is a sexy unit Steve....
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376
    Looks nice, my only beef on the P5 was that they need a little more gain for the phono stage. Hopefully they increased the phono stage output on the P6.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • pongshi wrote: »
    Looks nice, my only beef on the P5 was that they need a little more gain for the phono stage. Hopefully they increased the phono stage output on the P6.

The gain for the MM setting went up 3 dB from 35 to 38 dB.

Thanks

Chris
    Parasound Products inc.

• pitdogg2
    WAFWarrior wrote: »
    pongshi wrote: »

Thanks

Chris
    Parasound Products inc.

Dude you're the man!!
    Thanks
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Nice upgrade although getting up there in price. Hopefully now the P5s will come down in price even a little bit.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776

Thanks

Chris
    Parasound Products inc.

I own a few of your amps. Thank you Sir!
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723

Thanks

Chris
    Parasound Products inc.

I'm still breaking in my gear and loving every listening session. Thanks for the awesome products.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • pongshi
    pongshi Posts: 376

Thanks

Chris
    Parasound Products inc.
    Thanks for the update. I am glad you folks have upped the gain. I have had owned and a number of Parasound products and I have been very pleased. Thanks for commenting.
    Living Room
    Parasound Model 2250v2 amplifier
    Parasound P5 preamp
    Turntable 1 - Technics SL-1210Mk2 turntable with Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Turntable 2 - Dual 1229 turntable, Dual AS-12 45 RPM stacker, Shure V-15 Type III cartridge
    Schiit Mani Phono Preamp for Turntable 2
    Oppo UDP-205 CD/SACD USB and FLAC duties
    Technics RS-1500US reel to reel
    Polk SDA SRS (2nd Gen) fully modded
  • Teejay6
    Teejay6 Posts: 1
    I am trying to decide on a 2250 v2 or the a21+.amp. my speakers are von schweikert vr 4.5
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @Teejay6 you should start a new thread, no one is going to see it burried here.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    I did !

If money is not an object, a21+ all day long ....

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    Anyone gone from the P3 to the P5 or P6.

I'd imagine its a decent upgrade. Just wondering your thoughts.

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Can’t speak to Parasound only, but I went from a PS Audio SGC to the P6 and it was a very nice increase in performance for me.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Can’t speak to Parasound only, but I went from a PS Audio SGC to the P6 and it was a very nice increase in performance for me.

That's interesting because I've been thinking about going from my P5 to a PS Audio SGC.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • joecoulson
    Nope. Not even a lateral move IMO
    The more refined sound, bass management, connectivity and over performance of the p6 is a jump ahead of the SGC. The SGC made sounds shrill at higher volumes. Kinda like it couldn’t handle transients as well.
    Been quite happy with the P6 and have not had an itch to replace it.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Strange, my SGC stomps my P5. I didn't think the P6 was significantly different than the P5.
  • joecoulson
    Must be about synergy.
  • Vette C6.r
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Strange, my SGC stomps my P5. I didn't think the P6 was significantly different than the P5.

Did you sell your P5 DaveHo ?
  • DaveHo
    Currently moved to the bedroom system.
  • Vette C6.r
    edited July 2020
    Copy. P5 in the bedroom. Nice. Let me know if that changes por favor. BTW is it silver or black ?
  • DaveHo
    Silver. I could be persuaded to sell if I could find another Cambridge CXN v2. The one I already have I used in pre-amp mode for a bit & thought it did rather well.