Quick subwoofer opinion

I want to add a small sub to my computer set up. Plan on just using RCA splitters off my Schiit Modi Uber 2 for the signal, running presonus Eris 5 xt studio monitors as my speakers, fed with a toslink and feeding the speakers or some BJC RCA interconnects. Use is about 50/50 music and gaming. What sub 300 dollar sub preferably around an 8 inch, but open to a 6 or a 10 for the right price/performance. I haven't been all that active around here these passed few years and don't know what's well like within my parameters, maybe a psw 111?
2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    The psw111 would fill in the bottom nicely in a nearfield set-up. Of course it won't plunge to the deepest depths. I had one for a spell in a bedroom system. Should be able to find a used one for a Benjamin or so.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Another option would be the HSU STF-1 or STF-2
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hey @seabeerob213 where are you stationed these days? Do you have to buy new? Lots of great used options but not much new...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    Sicily again, not a lot of quality used for decent rates out here.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • seabeerob213
    edited July 2020
    Gonna give this a shot, there was an Amazon warehouse deal for open box like new condition for 163.99 figured that was affordable enough and it's small enough to give it a shot, if I don't like it for that, maybe pair it with a sound bar for the bedroom TV or offload it on the local sale page. Gonna keep my eyes open for something nicer or better, but figured I'd give this a shot. I k ow their higher end stuff is polarizing, saw a lot of love and a lot of hate, so I took a gamble cause of the price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BGZJHHK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DNBfFbMK7J664

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Looks like a great deal! Let us know how you like it!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • seabeerob213
    Will do
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited July 2020
    I'm legitimately curious how that would compare to the Sunfire XTATM265. I didn't even know anyone else made a 6.5" sub with a passive radiator.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420

TDY? You need to stop traveling....
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • seabeerob213
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'm legitimately curious how that would compare to the Sunfire XTATM265. I didn't even know anyone else made a 6.5" sub with a passive radiator.

I'll do the best I can to give a good review
  • seabeerob213
    audioluvr wrote: »

TDY? You need to stop traveling....
    Stationed,

Went from stationed in Sicily, to stationed in Cali, deployed to Okinawa 3 times and Micronesia once, and now stationed in Sicily again.
  • seabeerob213
    To be fair, it's not a 6.5 with a passive radiator, its a 6.5 with 2 passive radiators 😂
    Nightfall wrote: »

• rooftop59 wrote: »
    Looks like a great deal! Let us know how you like it!

So far so good, definitely adds some low to the set up, gonna take some twerking and tuning to get it good, but it's also on a tile floor with masonry walls and under my desk, while my monitors sit above my head pointed downwards. They're wired up with some ICs zingo made me, and the signal comes from my shiit magni 2 Uber, and with some audioquest splitters so I can send signals through some bjc RCA's to my monitors. Not by any stretch the ideal set up. Volume is a struggle, different kinds of music play much differently on it, and a good volume to have it on for country makes it boomy and muddy on rock, and a good volume on rock had it almost inaudible for other stuff. Have t used it while gaming yet, I will play around with where it sits, maybe even up on the desk. Try and do a little sound treatment of I can. I'll keep you guys posted.
  • Still got a bit to tidy up, sorry I don't have a pic with the sub yet. jbra0ois56c8.jpg
  • seabeerob213
    Sounds decent, been having to play around with the volume on the monitors to get decent sub volume without having to crank the system volume super high. It's an entirely concrete and tile room so it ain't gonna be the most ideal set-up, but for gaming and listening to tidal while doing work stuff from home, it is awesome. Wasn't gonna run a whole daisy chain of y adapters off the dac, so my headphone amp has been put away and I switched to my dragonfly black for cans and the gaming headset.