Carver TFM-35 sells for stupid money.

nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,850
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

Comments

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 17,047
    Maybe this one will not get paid for either.
    That's crazy even for new in box.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,777
    I take very good care of my gear & always keep the boxes. I'm sure I could pass off some of it as NOS. I'd never do that, but it's not that hard. I never believe these type of auctions. Treat it as you would any other piece of 30 year old gear.
  • krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 732
    If it had been a very good condition but used amplifier what price would been fair?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,850
    400 tops, and that’s with a recap. I had one and aside from the meters, it wasn’t very good.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • ambiophonicsambiophonics Posts: 691
    The "X" version is a real pain to recap compared to the regular TFM-35 and I fully expect that amp needs a recap.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Chromecast Audio (optical), Bugle II phono pre, Technics SL-1500 w/ M97XE, DIY Passive Preamp/Input selector
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,494
    I was thinking the same thing. If that rubber band was "original" it would be cracked and dry rotted.
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,919
    It was deejay'd, with the bag on.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 8,494
    Hey don't bag on my NIB Carver, bro!