Carver TFM-35 sells for stupid money.

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Maybe this one will not get paid for either.
    That's crazy even for new in box.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    I take very good care of my gear & always keep the boxes. I'm sure I could pass off some of it as NOS. I'd never do that, but it's not that hard. I never believe these type of auctions. Treat it as you would any other piece of 30 year old gear.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    If it had been a very good condition but used amplifier what price would been fair?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    400 tops, and that’s with a recap. I had one and aside from the meters, it wasn’t very good.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 718
    Options
    The "X" version is a real pain to recap compared to the regular TFM-35 and I fully expect that amp needs a recap.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Original MSRP was $900.

"Was still packed in the box as new. Just pulled it out to plug in, test, and take pics."
    In the few minutes that he had it out of the box, he lost the little wire twist tie that was wrapped around the cord from the manufacturer, so he had to use a rubber band?
    Hmmmm..... ;)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing. If that rubber band was "original" it would be cracked and dry rotted.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    It was deejay'd, with the bag on.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Hey don't bag on my NIB Carver, bro!