Two speakers not working SDA-2

I just bought a set of SDA-2's and one speaker has tweeter and the dimensional speaker that is not working. I tested the speaker and they test good. They are both driven by the same crossover. any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Are you using the interconnect cable between the two speakers? Half the speaker doesn't work without it.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Nesmith98
    Nesmith98 Posts: 213
    Double check the crossover to make sure all of the solder joints are O.K. I had a 1C factory crossover with a solder joint on a resistor that was never soldered and that caused one of the tweeters not to work. I just soldered the joint and it worked fine until I rebuilt my crossovers.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    SDA 2 3 woofers and 2 tweeter model will not have dimensional woofer or tweeter working without interconnect cable connection. Most folks disconnect the dimensional tweeters as it can add some freakie sounds that can be distracting.
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited July 2020
    flyinglow wrote: »
    I just bought a set of SDA-2's
    WHICH "SDA-2"? There's three official versions, plus some oddballs.
    SDA-2, SDA-2A, SDA-2B. Please confirm which you have. I'm guessing the original, three midwoofers, two tweeters, and the "outside" "SDA" midwoofer and tweeter don't work if the SDA cable is missing or has wiring problems.
    and one speaker has tweeter and the dimensional speaker that is not working. I tested the speaker and they test good.
    Better (more specific) to refer to "speaker" as the entire assembly with cabinet, crossover, and wiring, while the individual noise-making units are called "Drivers", "Mid-Woofers" or "Tweeters".
    They are both driven by the same crossover.
    Same crossover, different circuits within the crossover. Plus the added wiring of the SDA cable, and the socket/wiring for the SDA cable on the speaker cabinet. There's a dozen places where the problem could be. In fact, the problem COULD be in the OTHER speaker cabinet.

• pitdogg2
    Same crossover, different circuits within the crossover. Plus the added wiring of the SDA cable, and the socket/wiring for the SDA cable on the speaker cabinet. There's a dozen places where the problem could be. In fact, the problem COULD be in the OTHER speaker cabinet.
    Completely agree
  • soundbar was turned off for a while. now the bar works but the rear speakers dont
  • pitdogg2
    soundbar was turned off for a while. now the bar works but the rear speakers dont

Create a new thread. This has nothing to do with what your problem could be.
    It's apples to oranges