bogus tracking number sent by PolkAudio.Com

Options
2»

Comments

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    Yeah that is a freight tracking number. CEVA Best Express UPS Freight and Pegasus all look like that coming through my warehouse.

My 705's came via UPS

I'd call Polk first thing in the morning, if they don't give you an answer by noon call your credit card company.

BTW; Realdoll is just a few miles away from Polk's Vista HQ.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Options
    It’s shipped via a freight courier. Its going to be okay. A nice pallet of Polk speakers will arrive soon. Expect a call from the carrier to set up a delivery window.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • PhilRoslyn
    PhilRoslyn Posts: 14
    Options
    @jeremymarcinko
    @mrloren

Thanks for the responses and your concerns. No disrespect intended but... (as a four decade long devoutly amateur drummer)...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNbBDrceCy8

{wink}
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    I guess I'll ask a third and final time, what happens when you look the order up here using your order # and email address? https://www.polkaudio.com/track-order
  • PhilRoslyn
    Options
    I get the same info that was emailed to me that was bogus.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Post a screenshot. Should look like this:

mhdn84y0vrel.png
  • PhilRoslyn
    Options
    How do I do that? I mean ****... ordering a pair of speakers is hard. How do I get the snip and clip from Windows 7 into a blog post? I'm here for you but I don't know how to do it.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Once you have the image selected and/or in the clipboard, you can just hit "Ctrl + v" aka the shortcut for paste, in this window where you type the message in and it'll automatically paste it as an image.
  • PhilRoslyn
    Options
    wz484a2igxm0.png

That was easy if it worked. But if I knew how to do that and if it worked doesn't mean that I would not have had the ability to feign it. Ultimately my grievance is because I said so way back in this post I started, that never presumed to become so well watched when I started it. Ordering a pair a speakers should not be this hard and frankly PolkAudio.Com has made too many err's to be trusted.
  • Clipdat
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Estimated/scheduled delivery is 6/26. @mrloren was right, it's a freight tracking #.

I will PM you the link to the working tracking page.
  • PhilRoslyn
    Options
    What does "PM" mean?
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Private message. Look in the upper right hand corner of the screen by your username, and there should be an envelope icon with a red #1 by it. Click it and you can view my message that I sent you:

ab6y4p5arg78.png
  • Clipdat
    edited June 2020
    Options
    So what happened here, is that Polk uses some automated way of inserting the tracking number into a link that uses the following format: https:// www.google.com/search?q=########## - where the # symbols are the actual tracking number.

For example: https://www.google.com/search?q=925243590828368&cad=h

This takes you to a page that looks like this:

fz4621076qyi.png

Then you just click on "Track via <courier>" and it takes you to the respective shipping company's page to track the shipment. Google is typically smart enough to determine if the format of the tracking number is FedEx, UPS, USPS, maybe OnTrac, etc.

In this case we learned that Google is not smart enough to identify the freight company that uses 9 digit tracking numbers. Polk should update their automated process for inserting the tracking number into customer notification emails so that it routes directly to the respective shipping company's website, instead of using Google as the intermediary which in my opinion is amateur/unprofessional, and as this experience has proven, unreliable.

Anyway, at least we've found out that the speakers will be there on Friday!
  • PhilRoslyn
    Options
    ThatSoundsGreat.Com But this is not how $1600 business should be run. The squeaky wheel gets the grease? Maybe yet to be determined by rumor yet to be verified?

It's not a Quid-Pro-Quo kind of thing yet; is it. I have other things to do but I will be posting my review right here. I'm going to dis the customer fullfillment experience for sure only because I actually don't enjoy the taste of eating crap. But my review of what actually arrives will be pristine in honesty, and measured by the ears of a long term musician. It's an art that relies on honesty as an integral unlike other pursuits.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I will add my good wishes for a successful resolution to your issue.

@PhilRoslyn hope you stick around after you get your new speakers. This forum is a wealth of help, knowledge, and camaraderie, don't let this one minor thing dissuade you from getting to know the fine people here. My .02
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    If you are still not sure on the status send an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com he's the customer service manager.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Unless it's changed since I ordered my LSiM's from Polk a few years ago, Polk farms out the shipment of orders made via the web site to a third party. They (third party), were most unhelpful when I had issues. Seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Well they did in fact provide a working/valid (not "bogus") tracking number. They just didn't provide a way to successfully track it when you clicked on it.

However with one simple google search "What freight courier uses 9 digit tracking number", I was able to use the first/featured result and get to the point where I could track the shipment.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    As my dear old granny used to say,
    "et digitus minus velox sis ad designandum"
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Hey keep it PG Ken, this is a family forum! :D
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Did you get the speakers yet?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • PhilRoslyn
    Options
    Thanks to all who added moral support, which was everybody, which include the Latin lovers too. But a special thanks and call out to the one who got me the right tracking info. It's on it's way, albeit late, but that's ok. I know that the bug-thing is wreaking real havoc on logistical concerns and I would be a real first class a-hole for complaining that supply chains are not as abnormally imperfect as those usually are abnormally so. I don't want the dudes / dudettes to risk themselves especially to get a luxury item delivered on time.
    The tracking suggests that it's more then halfway to it's destination called Seattle; or better known by it's multi generational locals as 'where the sewer meets the Salish Sea'. Unfortunately this phrase does not translate well into Latin. Thanks all.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Did you get your speakers ??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Clipdat
    Options
    He's too busy enjoying his music to come and post anymore! :)
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Options
    He did say he was going to provide a review, I assume he’s waiting for the 705s to break-in; if they actually arrived.