Adcom GFP 565 preamp

Options
2»

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    Options
    I am keeping three TX-1000U tuners. One was in my office system, the second was in my two channel system, the third was in my home theater system. All three systems now have a Bryston digital player (BDP-1, BDP-2, BDP-3) which has an Internet radio feature. :)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    I am keeping three TX-1000U tuners. One was in my office system, the second was in my two channel system, the third was in my home theater system. All three systems now have a Bryston digital player (BDP-1, BDP-2, BDP-3) which has an Internet radio feature. :)

three?!
    whoa.

:)

I don't think I have three of any given tuner model here. Wait, check that -- there might be three EICO HFT-90s here :#
    (actually I think I got rid of one so there are only two -- and I know I got rid of the third Sherwood S-3000 I had for a while...)

:p
  • DarqueKnight
    Options
    I also have three Sony ST-S730 ES tuners.

tticrjurexr9.jpg
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,456
    Options
    +1 on the Yamaha tuner. Never seen one like that. Sharp looking for sure... Back to Adcom pre's. I've owned a few. 2 565's & 4-5 others that had tuners in them. Couple of em the tuner didnt work but everything else did on them. Seems like a common issue. Couple had remotes. Ive never heard the nicer ones though & would love to hear one. Enjoyed the 565 pre w/phono alot.
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,456
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Not to derail OP but it is a Adcom ? Has anyone listened to the Adcom 535 I think its 80wpc ? Why i ask is - I've owned the 555 & 545 before & enjoyed them with SDA2B & 1C's & other speakers. I've read the 80wpc Adcom is magical & if paired with the right speaker it's pure bliss. If you've heard one-pls do tell
    Randy/Maine
  • TR4HEAD
    TR4HEAD Posts: 2
    Options
    I bought a 565 some time back and was in the market later for the 750 but opted against because, as I recall??, the 750 didn't have a built in Phono Stage? I may be misremembering, but that seemed a big setback for whatever I would gain over the 565 in sound quality.