Best "new" 2 channel with BT etc

Wow. I'm impressed. This place is still here and kicking? I still have my Denon 3805 from this room. Fond memories.

So I'm in the market for a newer 2 channel receiver.. way behind the times on what's good or bad these days. I have $500 to spend or so.. and will just be pushing some older Polk bookshelves. rti3 maybes? I want to be able to use Spotify etc from my phone to play music upstairs in my living room area...

Guide me, oh wise ones. I am a sponge.

Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Yamaha WXA-50? Take a look, I have a mint condition one that I might be selling for cheap.
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    The wxa-50 measured extremely well over on the ASR website ...
    Shockingly well.......

I have a few of the wxc-50's, and love them ....

Bk
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    I recently purchased a Cambridge Audio AXR 100 from their Ebay store for $349 for my Dad. He's really enjoying it. has an internal DAC, MM phono input and bluetooth.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    gyosa wrote: »
    The wxa-50 measured extremely well over on the ASR website ...
    Shockingly well.......
    Bk

Amir must “like” Yamaha
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    That idiot (said with 100% confidence) would like ANYTHING that measures good. Sound has nothing to do with it. What it sounds like is not even part of the equation with him, that's just silly talk to him. It's all about the measurements.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    ^^^^^

What gets me is how many people on that blog believe the same crap about measurements.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Clipdat
    lol, way to stay on topic guys.
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    @Clipdat Nice! Let me do a little search on this.

How does it sound with Polk Audio speakers? Again, something to keep in mind, i might upgrade to a better 2-channel experience down the road, and even get a separate amp etc... perhaps the bug will bite again :hushed:
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    edited June 2020
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    coolsax wrote: »
    I recently purchased a Cambridge Audio AXR 100 from their Ebay store for $349 for my Dad. He's really enjoying it. has an internal DAC, MM phono input and bluetooth.

Nice. This looks like it could do the trick too! Not too familiar with Cambridge Audio. Reputable company?
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Clipdat
    MrNightly wrote: »
    @Clipdat Nice! Let me do a little search on this.

How does it sound with Polk Audio speakers? Again, something to keep in mind, i might upgrade to a better 2-channel experience down the road, and even get a separate amp etc... perhaps the bug will bite again :hushed:

I don't have any Polk Audio speakers on hand to try it with but I tried it with the SVS Ultra Bookshelf speakers which are a 8ohm 87db sens. speaker and there was lots of power on tap thanks to the 55wpc into 8ohm and 105wpc into 4ohm Class D amp inside the WXA-50.
  • Clipdat
    edited June 2020

Although I've never heard that amp, I'd say it's not worth the money even at the refurb price, imo.
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    coolsax wrote: »

Nice. This looks like it could do the trick too! Not too familiar with Cambridge Audio. Reputable company?

Yes Cambridge is a very well known brand out of the UK. The stuff on their Ebay store are manufacturer refurbs but they each come with 1 year warranties.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22