M-Audio BX Powered Studio Subwoofer

Clipdat
Clipdat Posts: 12,557
edited June 2020 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
POLKIE PRICE $100 shipped today only. This is basically a giveaway karma, I'm asking $100 to cover the cost of shipping. PM me if interested.

I purchased this here, used twice, looks new, original box etc: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/178895/10-m-audio-bx-powered-sub-for-sale

https://m-audio.com/products/view/bx-subwoofer

Edit: This also has RCA inputs so no worries if you're not actually using XLR/TRS in a studio setting.

BXSUB_angle_web_1200x750_00.jpg

BXSUB_back_web_1200x750_00.jpg

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Wow what a stunning price man. Basically a free sub with the shipping.
  • Clipdat
    Bump. Heading to the FedEx store in a few mins! Come on!
  • Clipdat
    Back from FedEx store. I can't believe nobody wanted a $100 sub.
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    edited June 2020
    Dang! I'm mad I missed this one! :(

Edit: I just checked my pp and only had a quarter of the asking price in my wallet. Won't let that happen again. Sucks its going to take 3-5 business days to reflect the transfers.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Clipdat
    @HzTweaker it's yours if you want it, but it'll be probably a month or so before I'm going back to the FedEx store to ship stuff. But yeah, just let me know.
  • HzTweaker
    I'm in! Let me know when you're ready to ship it and I'll pp you and PM my mailing address.

This is exciting! I've been thinking about experimenting with a sub in my 2ch rig for quite sometime now, and for a 100 bucks who can bet that! Now I'm going to source some XLRs so I can hook this bad bear up!

Thanks for the opportunity @Clipdat
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Clipdat
    edited June 2020
    Looks like your P5 also has RCA sub out so you don't necessarily have to use XLR.

Edit: In fact the RCAs would likely be preferred, I can include a Y-adapter that you can use on the back of the P5 and then you'd just run a standard set of L&R RCAs to the sub. If you don't have a long pair, I think I have an 8-10ft pair.

Here's what it looks like:

51q0x3qKQuL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
  • HzTweaker
    Hum, That's a generous offer!

I was thinking XLR because they are inherently less "noisy" right? Then I was looking at the xlr inputs for the sub, they are L&R and my Parasound only has one xlr output. So I guess my question: is the signal the same from one xlr from the pre going into either the L OR the R input on the sub compared to one of the RCAs from the pre with a y-adapter??
  • Clipdat
    That's a great question and I honestly don't know. Let me take a look at the user manual for the sub and see if it has anything relevant about that.
  • HzTweaker
    Okay cool! I'm still very interested.
  • Clipdat
    Sounds like it doesn't care if you want to use either the left or right XLR and then let the preamp handle the bass management:

"In this scenario, route your subwoofer's audio signal to either the left or right input on the BX Subwoofer. Also, bypass the BX Subwoofer's internal crossover by setting its Variable Crossover control to 200 Hz (fully open)."

I'm assuming the P5's XLR sub out is a "summed"/combined out just like the RCA sub outs.

I attached the sub's user manual to this post.
  • HzTweaker
    Thanks for the info. I'll read the user manual for my pre when I get home from work. Also look for my spare XLR cable. As far as the y-adapter goes, I have one I use for the sub in the living room if for what ever reason I can't get it to function with the XLR.
  • Clipdat
    Hey there's a part in the user manual for @treitz3:

"Always place the subwoofer on the floor when you are using it, never on a table or speaker stand."
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    That's probably part good advice as only weirdos out then on stands
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    VR3 wrote: »

Ones who typically lack dancing skills.
  • Clipdat
    Sub has been sold to @HzTweaker! Thanks!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    joecoulson wrote: »
    VR3 wrote: »

Ones who typically lack dancing skills.

Will have to add these things in my book of how to spot a Tom in the wild
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Hey there's a part in the user manual for @treitz3:

"Always place the subwoofer on the floor when you are using it, never on a table or speaker stand."
    Eh, there's also a tag on the mattress that states it's illegal to remove it. I'm a rebel and you know damned well what happened to that label.

With that said, this sub also does not weigh in at 170 pounds like mine do. I wouldn't trust it on stands as it would probably vibrate right on off.

....and I'll have you know that my dancing skillz are at the top echelon of the white man can't dance skill set. I can't dance with the best of them and I will challenge firmly anyone who states otherwise!

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    How many beers before you begin to think your dancing is actually pretty good?

As someone who could probably give you a serious run for your money on the dance floor, I’ve actually had a time or two when I thought I was really cutting a rug. I hope I didn’t drive home on any of those occasions🤣🤣
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    How many beers before you begin to think your dancing is actually pretty good?
    I don't need any adult drinks to know I can't dance worth a goat dropping. It's not like it's a secret or anything.....however, I might give Bill Cosby a run for his money.

Regardless, when you are in the groove? Who cares what people think....Rock on with yo' bad self and enjoy the tunes! (and pretend no one is looking)

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • HzTweaker
    The sub was delivered yesterday. The packaging was the factory original!, and in good condition considering this unit has been shipped twice now. The selling description was accurate. The sub does look brand new! I can't wait to try and integrate it in with the 2ch setup! Thanks again @Clipdat .