Yamaha RX-A 3030

xjghost
xjghost Posts: 1,080
edited January 2016 in Electronics
Just got this in yesterday. So far I love it over the Emotiva MMC-1. Watched my Dire Straits Laserdisc after returning home from my birthday celebration. I have a couple different subs. One Acustic Research 112sp and a Polk PSW 150. Is one of these subs better then the other? Both? Right now I have not been able to get either of them to work. Did the yapo set up and it does not appear to see either of them. I'm just DL the manual here and work and will look it through sense it's slow. Also I was not able to turn the tv and cable box on without the receiver on. The old Emotiva would let me do that but this one currently isn't. Any thoughts on where to start with these two problems would be great. Hoping to get some speaker wire run this weekend and more speakers set up to fully enjoy this thing!
HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's

Comments

• Nice AVR...I love my 1010. I am sure you will enjoy that for many years. Congrats!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • xjghost
    Thanks! I turned something on in the HDMI menu and the pass through is on now. Next the subs then to start trying to figure out what to do for speaker placement.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• xjghost
    So an update here. After a week of ownership it died. I came home one Sunday and it would not power on. I called Yamaha and the closest service center was Charlotte. So off to Charlotte I went and dropped it off on 1/20. I just got it back today. Hopefully it is working right. Kind of disappointed right now. It was throwing a PS2 code. From what the repair guy told me it has to do with the power distribution. the repair called for replacing power nodes I think he said. After a week of messing with that and getting the same error they then said replace the power board. Which they told him they had been having some issues with. So apparently the power distribution board on these have a known issue. Anyone else see where others might have had the same issue? I searched but did not find much info. Going home at lunch and hope to set it back up.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    What a bummer! it doesn't get much worse than getting a new piece and it dies on you so soon.
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    That sucks! Was this a new A-stock unit or a refurb? I have been eyeing the Aventage line to replace an older Denon that I have.
  • Wow, you don't hear much about those having issues...hope you get it all worked out.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    +1 , so sorry to hear about this. I hope they get you fixed up and back up and running. They should just send you a brand new unit. Electronics have gotten so sophisticated and complex nowadays,constant updates. They are like computers. :o
  • xjghost
    edited February 2016
    It was listed as a new in the box unit. It looked as such when I got it. The repair sheet.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• xjghost
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Dude...get that scan yanked...your personal info is on it!

Damn thanks. It was supposed to be cropped. I guess I did that wrong on PB. Fixed it now.

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    xjghost wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Dude...get that scan yanked...your personal info is on it!

Damn thanks. It was supposed to be cropped. I guess I did that wrong on PB. Fixed it now.

Still there...
  • xjghost
    Weird I deleted it off PB.

• xjghost
    so a report back. So far this unit is working out well. I have remarried and moved to the wife's house in Camden, SC. We use an older Denon I had but am not looking at the Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A880 for here.