MIT MH-750 biwire

Options
Hi Polks,

I recently came across a pair of MIT MH-750 biwire speaker cables. I currently have the MIT CVT-2s.. I wanted to know where the 750s are in the MIT line-up vs the CVT-2s.

Thanks,

Comments

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    The MH750's were a noticeable upgrade over the T2's to my ears and I haven't looked to upgrade the 750's since I've had them for the past 3 or 4 years.
    What gear will you be pairing them with?
  • acmf74
    acmf74 Posts: 936
    Options
    I have a Mark Levinson amp to LSi15s. So far they sound a bit more brighter than the CVT-2s
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    Options
    The MH-750 is an older model than the CVT-2. I used to own the MH-750 and found them extremely musical. I've not heard the CVT-2.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• acmf74
    Options
    FWIW these cables make my system sound totally different. Super musical but a tad bright for me. Hopefully some tubes in the pre can solve this.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,049
    Options
    Yes they transformed my rig to. I noticed it mostly in a more detailed soundstage and increased bottom end. Perhaps at 64 my hearing at the other end isn't as acute as it once was.

I remember when I first got my MH750's I got charged for 21lbs shipping weight. I was thinking there was a mistake as how in the heck can a pair of speaker wires weigh that much. Then the box arrived and I realized there was no mistake and why they're called the "music hose".
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,793
    Options
    acmf74 wrote: »
    FWIW these cables make my system sound totally different. Super musical but a tad bright for me. Hopefully some tubes in the pre can solve this.

If I understand correctly you went from standard MIT cables to MIT bi-wires and now find the top a bit hot. So, try adding jumpers in conjunction with the bi-wires. It won't hurt a thing, so no worries.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• acmf74
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    acmf74 wrote: »

If I understand correctly you went from standard MIT cables to MIT bi-wires and now find the top a bit hot. So, try adding jumpers in conjunction with the bi-wires. It won't hurt a thing, so no worries.

Yep.. single wire CVT-2s to the 750 bi-wires.

I'll try that tip.. thanks!