The Good Doctor

Options
mantis
mantis Posts: 17,056
Hello everyone,
Hope everyone is ok. Do any of you watch the Good Doctor? My wife started watching it a few years ago and I wasn't really interested but I sat down with here and watched. After about 10 minutes I was hooked. What a hell of a show. Well written and hits home.

When I was growing up my Mom worked for the State as a Nurse and Care worker for the mentally challenged. As a young boy I use to go with my Mom sometimes when I was allowed to meet some of the Kids who lived at the Hospital and some where left by their parents. During Christmas time a few would cry for their parents and they wouldn't show up. It broke my heart and basically I cried with them. I had my mom buy presents for them from me so I could give them something on Christmas.

Anyway the Good Doctor is a damn good show.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,969
    Options
    Normally don't watch these type of shows. Wife is a nurse of 20+ yrs and the tv medical shows are often so far removed from anything close to reality. May give it a shot if well written and not the same ole garbage.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mantis
    Options
    I wouldn't know what the same ole garbage would be as I never watch these kinda shows.
    Dan
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The wife and I watch the Good Doctor. Also New Amsterdam is good if you enjoy that kind of show.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mantis
    Options
    Oh cool, thats I'll check that out.
    Dan
  • erniejade
    Options
    Did you get a chance to check out New Amsterdam?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited May 2020
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »

I have been watching it from the start. I like it.
  • StantonZ
    StantonZ Posts: 439
    Options
    +10 on New Amsterdam. Also like The Resident in that genre.
    Yamaha RX-A2050 AVR (5.0.2); LG OLED77C2 4K TV
    (4) Polk Monitor 10B's w/SoniCaps, Mills, and RDO-194 tweets (R/L F/R)
    (2) Polk RC80i (Top Middle)
    Polk CS300 center channel
    Analog: B&O TX2 Turntable, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1
    Digital: Pioneer CLD-99 Elite LD, Panasonic DMP-UB900 UHD Blu-Ray
    Bedroom: Arylic Up2Stream AMPv3 driving Polk Monitor 4's w/peerless tweets
  • mantis
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Not yet ( like I don't have the time LOL ) I gotta go search through all my streaming services to find it. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Where do you watch it?
    Dan
  • erniejade
    Options
    Live tv or the wife dvr's it
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited May 2020
    Options
    My adopted 12 year old son* is high functioning verbal autistic. You better believe I watch “The Good Doctor.”
    * born a drug addict from the same. Came to us day after he was born
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,337
    Options
    Bless you man. I have 2 daughters through adoption, both with special needs.

My wife and I also enjoyed Good Doctor for a couple years then we kind of lost track.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601