Who's had the Aragon 8008BB

Options
2»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    edited May 2020
    Options
    yeah the sound stage on this is huge I'm listening to it right now the pianos are like a foot in front of me and stretch across the room I could see the keys as the guy is pounding on then it's ridiculously a huge soundstage.
    my only caveat right now is it doesn't seem to put the sound stage in between the speakers as well as my prior Aragon did it was like the speaker's completely disappeared in the room but the sound stage was not as large.

Does that make sense?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Sounds like, to me anyway, an improvement if you can't find your speakers any more. Especially if you were hearing something between the speakers before but now it's moved forward or backwards IMHO that means the amp is isolating studio echos.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    edited May 2020
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out the cap on the cap screws?
    Any ideas anybody?

Maybe that's like when you add a turbo to a big V-8
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    I almost bought one of these amps, but I ran into a deal on my krell ksa 300s for $2000. It's in really great shape no purplish heat sinks, dings or scratches. I drove over 200 miles to pick it up. You got yourself a great amp with a robust power supply congratulations.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Dan D'Agostino is the designer of these amps
  • invalid
    Options
    That's why they have a great power supply.
  • charley96
    charley96 Posts: 306
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    Emotiva???

Ding ding ding :D
    Yep

Great to talk to I wish I had more time to chat with him but 7.5 hrs each way doesn't leave much time for chatting and socializing.

Dang Pitt, That's a lot of driving in one day. I bet ya didn't like seeing the welcome to Illinois sign on the way home.
  • invalid
    Options
    Emotiva???

Yep

Great to talk to I wish I had more time to chat with him but 7.5 hrs each way doesn't leave much time for chatting and socializing.

I thought 6 house round trip was bad, 7.5 hours now that is dedication.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    charley96 wrote: »
    Emotiva???

Yep

Dang Pitt, That's a lot of driving in one day. I bet ya didn't like seeing the welcome to Illinois sign on the way home.

It sure felt good to hear Welcome to Kentucky and Welcome to Tennessee on my maps app though 😁😬😁