FS: Musical Fidelity A308 Integrated Amp

Options
Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited May 2020 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Well I should know better. You come visit here and you end up buying something. It happened.

So my A308 is for sale. Hope it can find a good home here. If it doesn't sell I'll just box it up.

Not much to say about this unit. It's a beast and it does everything well. Yes, it's old, but I think the price is more than fair.

Disclaimers:

-No remote. but it works with some universal brands (My Harmony One worked).
-Volume pot has a scratch noise between 11 and 12. Only while it's being adjusted. You leave it alone and the scratch never shows up. I knew this when I bought it and was concerned, but I only heard the scratch when I tried it the first time and brought the volume up there. In 3 years I have never reached that high volume as to get to the scratch. But it's there.

Link to original sale thread:

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/175570/relist-musical-fidelity-a308-integrated-amp/p1

Asking $850 shipped. $800 if you pick up at 45040. As I said, I think this is more than a fair price.

r18t2wyx37ro.jpg
ldeyyyxcgfqz.jpg
1rs41zj2f7lm.jpg
3mjn0kgro9yr.jpg

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    I would like to try it. Never heard a MF piece before. Do you take PayPal?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    You're in for a treat.
  • Ricardo
    Options
    Quick and easy. Thanks Paul, I really think you'll like it.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Quick and easy. Thanks Paul, I really think you'll like it.

That's what she said!

Sorry had to be done
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Nice @rooftop59

You’ll love it!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Well I should know better. You come visit here and you end up buying something. It happened.

So my A308 is for sale. Hope it can find a good home here. If it doesn't sell I'll just box it up.

r18t2wyx37ro.jpg

Ricardo, you didn't say what you bought. Was it an M6si mentioned in the other thread?

Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Ricardo
    Options

SOPA
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Bada$$ piece right there.....at a bada$$ price.

Did you get the scratchiness when adjusting the volume by hand? I get the same thing when using the remote (and man, do MF remotes suck) but not when adjusting manually....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • rooftop59
    Options
    You guys are getting me al excited over here 😂. Can’t wait to try this sucker out!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »

Did you get the scratchiness when adjusting the volume by hand? I get the same thing when using the remote (and man, do MF remotes suck) but not when adjusting manually....

I’m gonna use my harmony smart remote. Ricardo says he basically never heard, so I am not expecting it to be a problem.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • Ricardo
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »

To be honest I wouldn't know; As I mentioned I never get the volume up there where the scratch shows up. Pretty sure when I did get it I was adjusting manually.

But....you know what has no scratch???? The Dynaco Pat 4 you sold me quite a few years back. Still driving my Atriums through an Adcom 535 almost every day, except during winter.
    Never ceases to impress me. That little guy is good.

SOPA
  • Ricardo
    edited May 2020
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

I’m gonna use my harmony smart remote. Ricardo says he basically never heard, so I am not expecting it to be a problem.

You should be fine with the Harmony.

You know what? Just saw your signature now that I'm on my laptop. The Dynaudio Contour 1.3 mkII were the second best speaker I owned. Loved them and thought they'd never leave.

But the mighty MMG's that I "Peter Gunned" displaced them. Yup, these were the best speakers that I've listened to.

I'd love to hear those Danes with the A308.

SOPA
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Yeah, that Dynaco is a killer pre!

I think it's just the nature of the knob motor as opposed to anything "wrong"....I keep telling myself that anyway!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Got this puppy unboxed and installed today: dang this is a beast! Barely got it in the cabinet. So far it sounds pretty awesome, but I haven’t really been able to sit and listen intently. Great packing and quick ship! Thanks again Ricardo!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    You will love it. Used to be my baby. Now it’s just some amp I use to know. B)

2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A