I'm quitting smoking again arrrgggggg!!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Just about 8 years for me now, cold turkey. You definitely have to be ready I agree, only you can make you quit, no one else. So happy I did tho!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Well right now I just got done on the heavy 4.2 mg of nicotine and its got a kick for sure and helped me not need a smoke. Now I have the 1.8 mg vapors and its more mellow but I smoke more of it but man does it really help. I plan on going down to a 1.2 next and I am buying a $120 kit as these chuck away smokes cost a fortune. Ultimately when I get the kit I can do my own refills and start going down to 1.0,0.9,0.8 etc... till I am down to just the vapor

I purchased the njoy recharge pack with the refills and its a piece of crap and really crappy as you cant even get a proper drag. It seems like lots of air mixes in and just tastes harsher and it said that the charge for 3 hours gives you 2 days but its more like 5 hours, big waste of cash but at least I am not even remotely tempted today for a real ciggy

No need to spend THAT much. I've been vaping for 3 years or so now haven't had a cigarette in equal time after smoking for 12 years. A good starter that doesn't cost much is the ICare by Eleaf. It is a tiny little guy but puts out great vapor and flavor, you can refill the tank with whatever juice you want and an all internal battery. I would suggest looking into those lines before jumping on a big mod. However whatever path you take, if you have ANY questions just shoot me a PM.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Vaping is just substituting one addiction for another isn't it? That is if you are still using nicotine.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    B Run wrote: »
    I haven't had a cig in two years but still vape, I've dropped nicotine from 18mg to 2mg but i definitely recommend a decent setup and not that gas station crap.

Yes, still nicotine, but a whole lot less! Good for you @B Run!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Nicotine is not the dangerous variable of smoking cigarettes, though it is the addictive part. You can drop nicotine levels when vaping, as you go.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    Options
    Another Cold turkey here. One of the best things I have done.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Bunch of effin quitters! Nobody likes a quitter!

;) I'm ready to drop the habit myself.....
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    I quit 6 years ago after smoking for nearly 40 years. Chantix was my go to, and it worked. I was diagnosed with COPD and I had to quit. The thought of dragging around an oxygen tank rest my life helped as well. Those of you that smoke, please give it up.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Vaping is just substituting one addiction for another isn't it? That is if you are still using nicotine.

true but you're also cutting all the other bad stuff the cigarette makers add to BOOST nicotine. like tar and carbon monoxide, as well as formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT.

this is a very partial list. the list can be as long as 400 ingredients.

I'm one of the few in my family that never started, and they tried.

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    I agree with @tonyb.

About 48 years ago I had been smoking three packs of unfiltered Lucky Strikes per day and smoking a pipe between cigarettes.

One day I started coughing and could not ignore the blood in my sputum.

That day I said "enough is enough." Haven't had a cigarette (or any other form of tobacco or nicotine) since.

I still remember the difference it made in my life: Food tasted good again. No huffing and puffing going up stairs. Sleeping was a lot better. And on and on.

Just quit!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Willow
    edited November 2016
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Bunch of effin quitters! Nobody likes a quitter!

*****We didn't quit we just started not to smoke...

;) I'm ready to drop the habit myself.....

Says the guy with 3 smokes in his mouth...

Do it, think of all the audio gear you can buy with the savings
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    *GASP!* I thought those were his teef. He is from the Carolina's you know...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Willow
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    *GASP!* I thought those were his teef. He is from the Carolina's you know...

I should have known better. Shame on me
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    +1 on quiting! You go guy!!!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    So, this thread is 3.5 years old. Did ya stick with it PFB?
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^Probably not, as he recently announced he was having erection issues.

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    My good buddy dying from cancer asked me to quit, I did on a Fri. night. Went home, didn't have a beer, no beer no smokes. I think the no beer kept me from smoking.. 20 years later sometimes my right hand goes to my shirt pocket for a cancer stick, cigarettes are a terrible habit.. Cold turkey is rough, cancer is rougher.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I quit when I joined the Army. Couldnt do all the physical stuff and continue to smoke. Lots of guys could, but not me. Started using smokeless tobacco in 1985 and still do.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    I stuck with the quitting fyi
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    I stuck with the quitting fyi

Well done, PFB!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,520
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I never smoked. Never understood the attraction. My parents both smoked like fiends and yet neither myself or my 2 sisters ever started. My wife doesn't and neither of our children smoke.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • tat
    tat Posts: 159
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I believe the important thing is that one doesnt smoke alot. Most of the folks that get lung cancer smoked over a pack a day for many years. WW2 generation it could be 5 packs a day of unfiltered. That is financially impossible with the taxes on them today. That is also FAR different than 3-5 cigarettes a day. America has a history of going overboard on vice issues among others, traceable to its Protestant fundamentalist origins no doubt. If someone is quitting a mere 3-5 cigs a day it is probably really for reasons other than their own health. But none is better than some assuming everything else stays the same...like your happiness and state of mind. I started using SWEDISH SNUS. Not US brands like Camel, they are horrible. Brands like Jakobsonn's and General from Sweden, you can buy them at conv stores in some states now. It has been around for 100+ years and still has no studies linking it to cancer from what I researched. It is made to Euro food standards. Not like in the US where they treat tobacco with caustic chemicals to remove nicotine so they can then re-inject it at precise amounts dictated by govt. regulation. Youm dont really have to spit either. I was the only person working on Madison ave that "chewed" tobacco...but bc I didnt have to spit every 30 secs it wasnt a problem.

I still have not tried ecigs really. Glad they seem to be working.
    When freedom is outlawed, only outlaws are free...
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    Camels and Chesterfields were what the Dr.' s smoked back in the 40's, I remember
    seeing advertisements on the Chicago Lake St."L" back in the 1940 A.D.'s Glad I quit! Best thing I ever did, aside from being married for 50 years to my best squeeze Bonnie!!!
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,261
    Options
    Lola12 perhaps you might consider expanding your product line to include snow tires and wedding dresses. 😬😇
    Sal Palooza