I'm quitting smoking again arrrgggggg!!!!

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited February 2013
    I snagged this and a bunch of extras http://www.electronic-cigz.com/jantyegojets.html

Well right now I dont mind the trade off and will get lower and lower dosages of nicotine refils
  • polkfarmboy
    edited March 2013
    Still have not smoked a cig but I am spending a fortune at the gas station with this whole ecig deal.....super mondo expensive you guyyyyyyyssssss :cry:
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited March 2013
    Props to you, I need to quit. You can buy ecigs online pretty cheap....
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2013
    I knew I had finally detoxed my body of nicotine, and the cravings caused by the addiction when I could go drinking and not want a cigarette. It took a few months of not smoking before that happened, and that was going cold-turkey.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ken brydson
    edited March 2013
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I knew I had finally detoxed my body of nicotine, and the cravings caused by the addiction when I could go drinking and not want a cigarette. It took a few months of not smoking before that happened, and that was going cold-turkey.

Stronger than me brother....
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2013
    Stronger than me brother....

You can do it. I must have "quit" five times before succeeding. :lol:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • polkfarmboy
    edited March 2013
    Props to you, I need to quit. You can buy ecigs online pretty cheap....

Yep my shipment got delayed so my kit wont be here till next week sometime as I bought loads of diff vapor flavors cheap and spare batteries etc for cheap online at electroniccigz.com
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited March 2013
    Gotta put 'em down myself. I'll try the gum first. My trouble is I work by myself and drive about 150-200 miles a day and the time between jobs is when I fire up the most. I don't drink anymore so that part will be easy I hope.
    I'm afraid I'll get the urge to choke out a mouthy customer one day and cause a stink with the boss man.:evil:
  • ken brydson
    edited March 2013
    I bought a new car recently and have yet to smoke in it. As a Realtor, I drive A LOT so that's cut down on my use considerably.
  • ken brydson
    edited March 2013
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Gotta put 'em down myself. I'll try the gum first. My trouble is I work by myself and drive about 150-200 miles a day and the time between jobs is when I fire up the most. I don't drink anymore so that part will be easy I hope.
    I'm afraid I'll get the urge to choke out a mouthy customer one day and cause a stink with the boss man.:evil:
    Must say I enjoyed a couple smokes and beers with you when you came out for our Seattle GTG a couple years back!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited March 2013
    Must say I enjoyed a couple smokes and beers with you when you came out for our Seattle GTG a couple years back!
    You betcha!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited March 2013
    Congrats on at least trying to quit. I know we all have our vices, good or bad....mostly bad, but they keep us on an even keel so we don't kill each other. Some smoke, drink, light up a joint every so often, or indulge in activities to calm ones nerves. Could be a combination of all of that too, who knows.

For me, a smoke and a glass of wine, some music, good company, and my stress level is way down. In my opinion, stress is probably more so a killer than anything you smoke or drink. We all relieve ourselves of stress in different ways so if your trying to quit smoking don't make it a stressfull situation. Replace it with something else. Take up a new hobby, get into healthy eating, cooking, etc., anything to keep the mind busy.

I still smoke, but to me it's better than letting my anger get the best of me and choke the sh&t out of someone. My younger years taught me I better learn to chill out or I'd wind up in jail. Unfortunately as we get older stress levels don't decline, they increase, so you have to learn to deal with it. I think thats why so many are fighting weight issues, smoking, drinking and so forth. Most of these bad habits are results of attempts at stress relief. If a smoke and a glass of wine don't chill me out, I'll do some gardening or putz around the pond, really has a calming effect for me. Hope you find what works for you, good luck.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • JimKellyfan
    JimKellyfan Posts: 696
    edited March 2013
    good luck with both ends....i need to quit as well....
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CSI A6
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub2 - polkaudio PSW505
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
    Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
    Shed
    Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polkaudio R150's
    Shed 2
    Nakamichi soundbar
  • polkfarmboy
    edited March 2013
    good luck with both ends....i need to quit as well....

Pick up a cheap ecig at a gas station guys and just give it a try one time for the sake off all your loved ones. I am a bad one for being weak when it comes to kicking stuff so they gotta be good
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Im afraid to click on this link....what are ya selling buddy?
  • tonyb
    That got deleted quick.... must have been a hippo sex tape or somethin'.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    hippo sex tape, now that should take your mind off smokin' :)
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • tonyb
    muncybob wrote: »
    hippo sex tape, now that should take your mind off smokin' :)

Not me....might make me smoke even more. :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    h o rny h o rny hippos...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    mmm -- that would be rhinos, wouldn' it?
    My mistake.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    h o rny h o rny hippos...
    Coulda been fat chicks....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Or sausages...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    ....or both. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • trj
    trj Posts: 320
    edited October 2016

Edit: I typed the whole thing below thinking someone was asking for information on ecigs and quit cigarettes. WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE FIRST POST DATE. Slow monday I guess. Someone bumped an old thread with a link and I actually put a proper response. Well I am not deleting it, just let it be.

Original response: I quit smoking by starting e-cigs 3 years ago. I was a pack a day person for more that 15 years. I started with the gas station variety pen type e-cigs and quickly upgraded to tank/battery system(mods).
    Now, I do DIY e-juice. Costs much less than what you get in an e-cig shop and you can control the amount of nicotine.

Now, I only vape 2-3mg nicotine content juice and slowly trying to cut down to 0mg. I plan to completely quit vaping too.

If you want more information on where to buy DIY e-juice raw materials, I can post the links. You will be surprised how expensive buying e-juice is than to make it yourself.
    Sony BDP-S6500 | Raspberry Pi 2 | XBOX One S | Wii --> Yamaha RX-V667 --> Adcom 5006 bridged to 175 watts for front LCR -- >Front: Polk Audio RTi8s | Center: CSi5 | Side Surrounds: RTi4s | Rear surrounds: FXiA4s | Cheap 12" sub woofer|Samsung UN60KU6300
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Aren't E-Cigs like Samsung phones though?? I occasionally see where those things blow up and catch on fire. My luck I'd be puffing on one and it would blow up in my face. I couldn't imagine leaving one indoors if it's a possibility it could explode and catch your house on fire.
  • tonyb
    I dunno man, cold turkey is the best option if you ask me. Vaping isn't good for you either with all those chemicals your inhaling. 2 different poisons, albeit one is probably less than the other.

It's a mental thing, if you want to quit, crumble the suckers up and just do it.....or mail them to me. I quit once for 5 years, cold turkey....you just really have to want to quit. If you have to talk yourself into slowly quitting.....you already lost the battle.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I personally know 5 people who have quit thanks to e-cigs. Now, if we can keep our money-grubbing goddam government from regulating it to a quick death, some lives will be saved.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    Well getting into day 3 and still no cravings with the ecigs and I think I can breathe better. My energy levels have have upped a little and feeling good that I have not had the urge to smoke a regular.

Good for you man. Keep it up.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    Halo ecigs makes some great stuff at very reasonable prices.
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    I haven't had a cig in two years but still vape, I've dropped nicotine from 18mg to 2mg but i definitely recommend a decent setup and not that gas station crap.