Stacking Subs

2»

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I think you should buy a new house.
    Either that or give up on audio and become a model train enthusiast.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    msg wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a tough space, Bruce.

Would you be able to
    1. Move the couch/loveseat to the position from which you're shooting the photo, parallel to your tv?
    2. Nail that closet door shut on the right after filling it with old fur coats?
    3. Throw away that one guitar?

That would give you room to spread out the speakers, and maybe experiment with the subs either inside or outside of the speakers.

I have difficult spaces, too. I had a similar setup in my main space at one point in front of my window, but missed the use of the window, so I rotated the system 90° CCW. I've lost the benefit of the side walls in this space, but it's more functional for the living space this way. The big sub helps fill in the bottom end, but it's not a setup that speakers can perform without a sub now. The system performed better overall when I had it set up more like the way yours is. I had almost that same setup going with a loveseat in the same area and the sub in that same corner. Had a little more width, but still not ideal.

Scott, they are powered recliners so even less flexible on placement.
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I can’t see mixing subs in any room for 2-chnl without a lot of work
    Test what’s best, sell and store the other pair
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I can’t see mixing subs in any room for 2-chnl without a lot of work
    Test what’s best, sell and store the other pair

Ron they are completely independent, SVS on the HT only.
  • afterburnt
    edited May 2020
    67d1o2vv2et6.jpg
    This dude just walked up
  • afterburnt
    Boy that's a big jack rabbit!
  • afterburnt
    mantis wrote: »
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Guitar neck on left is the cornern the rack will be in the same quadrant 8ij47s8tt5q0.jpg
    This the left side by the register I think it shows the guitar neck for a point of reference.
    6ofd745xjzs1.jpg
    Another shot of the side that's not an option.
    I like the left front corner for one sub but how about a pic of the opposite wall? Not the one your couch is on but basically the right side back corner. That would be ideal in that room.

Dan, that corner is the doorway into the house. 3 doorways in that room, you can see 2.
  • afterburnt
    BTW that Pink Floyd throw is hidding my Rube Goldberg acoustic panels. I have a Hendrix and a Miles on the opposite and back wall.
  • afterburnt
    msg wrote: »
    Oh, I thought the idea was that they'd be used in two different systems in the same space. Not sure now where I got that idea.

Scott, that's it Rythmikd are 2 channel only.
  • afterburnt
    edited May 2020
    fb5pxnheivbg.jpg
    9dvvqlz1xt7o.jpg
    Dunno if y'all can see but this is it. Maybe too close too the rack? Ain't got a choice though.
  • afterburnt
    I guess ya can't see it too good. Rythmik F12's sitting on the SVS PB2000's, both aimed right at the seats!
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    Off topic, but I have to ask. Why are your remotes wearing condoms rain coats?
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • afterburnt
    aiconn wrote: »
    Off topic, but I have to ask. Why are your remotes wearing condoms rain coats?

Cause I don't want them to get covid, silly.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    That room is bigger than it looks in photos. If you moved some stuff around Bruce you could make it fit nice and snug and clean.

I am dying for some Gramas bakery in downtown Prescott....
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • afterburnt
    That room is bigger than it looks in photos. If you moved some stuff around Bruce you could make it fit nice and snug and clean.

@codycatalist when are you thinking about coming up?
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    afterburnt wrote: »

@codycatalist when are you thinking about coming up?

Once all this virus crap cools down and everything is open again. I got me a new SUV so we may just make it a camping trip who knows.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member