Anyone else sick of this virtue signaling on every site you go to?

"WacDonalds" We are in this together, don't super size it too much, we want you to die of congestive heart failure real slow or at least till your wallet's empty. "You want covid fries with that?"

Comments

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I love the smell of fear in the morning
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Isn’t that the goal?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Actions are "LOUDER" than "WORDS" (virtue signaling) and we don't have to see everyone of the Actions.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Every site it seems has a Covid info thing. If they spent as much time and effort into finding treatment options as they do trying to scare people into staying home , we'd have this thing behind us already.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    What is 'virtue signaling'?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    edited May 2020
    BlueFox wrote: »

Saying the politically correct thing in order to curry favor with social justice warriors.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    daddyjt wrote: »

Saying the politically correct thing in order to curry favor with social justice warriors.

Can't really say I have seen any of that.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • daddyjt

Watch just about any commercial on tv right now, glance at any billboard on the side of the road, or listen to most politicians. It’s pervasive...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021

You haven’t seen a car commercial in the past two months?
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    edited May 2020
    Duplicate post../
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59

Sorry but virtue signaling is a technical philosophical term and is most definitely non-partisan. Anyone who purposely expresses what they perceive as the virtuous position on a social/moral/economic issue is signaling. Conservatives are just as guilty as liberals. Watched Fox News or listened to rush or Alex Jones lately? Also full of virtue signaling.

Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    The only emails I have received from a company without any "we are doing this for you" has been Tommy Bahama.

Not one of multiple emails have had the slightness mention. The emails just show a lot of beautiful babes in swimsuits and wonderful island pictures.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • rooftop59
    Hey guys, I know that we have all been through so much over the past several months. Whether it is because of the Wuhan virus, or simply because Russ stopped by for a visit and nothing seems to grow in the yard any more, I want all of you to know that I care about each and every one of you.

You are all strong and bring unique insight and perspectives to the forum, and to those around you.

Just remember we are in this together, and together, we can make this new normal a vibrant and exciting place to be.

So why don’t you just say that you don’t understand the concept of virtue signaling?
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • daddyjt
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Sorry but virtue signaling is a technical philosophical term and is most definitely non-partisan. Anyone who purposely expresses what they perceive as the virtuous position on a social/moral/economic issue is signaling. Conservatives are just as guilty as liberals. Watched Fox News or listened to rush or Alex Jones lately? Also full of virtue signaling.

I slightly agree with you, but virtue signaling is FAR more pervasive on the left - talk of 007 being female? Virtue signaling. JK Rowling saying Dumbledor(sp) leads an aIternate lifestyle? Virtue signaling. Taylor Swift’s song “You Need to Calm Down? Virtue signaling. And on and on. It’s all in an effort to be considered “one of” the enlightened ones. Usually it’s just comes off as fake posturing, to anyone paying attention.

I do not listen Rush of Alex. I do listen to a bit of Ben Shapiro, and I would challenge you to show me where he virtue signals - he is actually quite critical of the current administration.

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    Hey guys, I know that we have all been through so much over the past several months. Whether it is because of the Wuhan virus, or simply because Russ stopped by for a visit and nothing seems to grow in the yard any more, I want all of you to know that I care about each and every one of you.

You are all strong and bring unique insight and perspectives to the forum, and to those around you.

Just remember we are in this together, and together, we can make this new normal a vibrant and exciting place to be.

So why don’t you just say that you don’t understand the concept of virtue signaling?

Why don’t you just say the joke went way over your head....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59

I slightly agree with you, but virtue signaling is FAR more pervasive on the left - talk of 007 being female? Virtue signaling. JK Rowling saying Dumbledor(sp) leads an aIternate lifestyle? Virtue signaling. Taylor Swift’s song “You Need to Calm Down? Virtue signaling. And on and on. It’s all in an effort to be considered “one of” the enlightened ones. Usually it’s just comes off as fake posturing, to anyone paying attention.

I do not listen Rush of Alex. I do listen to a bit of Ben Shapiro, and I would challenge you to show me where he virtue signals - he is actually quite critical of the current administration.

Chip and Joanna Gaines of fixer upper fame were the only popular long running home modeling show to never have a **** couple or family on the show - virtue signaling. How about Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick saying that old people can take care of themselves - virtue signaling. All those churches that stayed open in spite of state and local shelter in place orders - virtue signaling.

And Ben Shapiro? How about when he said that the radical economic inequality that Africans Americas face in this country is a cultural values problem??? Racist virtue signaling.

As for whether it’s more common on one side of the political spectrum? I can’t say because I haven’t seen any studies. I can say that when it comes to something like this, you see a lot more of what you’re looking for...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Really? The three letter word for homosexual is censored?
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • nooshinjohn
    Where have you been?

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    I social distanced for about 3 1/2 hours today on my Harley. RUMBLE RUMBLE!!
    No excuses!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Really? The three letter word for homosexual is censored?

There ya go, virtue signaling again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• daddyjt

Chip and Joanna Gaines of fixer upper fame were the only popular long running home modeling show to never have a **** couple or family on the show - virtue signaling. How about Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick saying that old people can take care of themselves - virtue signaling. All those churches that stayed open in spite of state and local shelter in place orders - virtue signaling.

And Ben Shapiro? How about when he said that the radical economic inequality that Africans Americas face in this country is a cultural values problem??? Racist virtue signaling.

As for whether it’s more common on one side of the political spectrum? I can’t say because I haven’t seen any studies. I can say that when it comes to something like this, you see a lot more of what you’re looking for...

Home modeling show? Um, ok - not really where one looks for pervasive virtue signaling. How about Game Of Thrones? Gotham? American Horror Story? The Walking Dead? Pretty much everything on Netflix? Next, how is saying “old people can take care of themselves” virtue signaling? I’m an old guy and can take care of myself. Most older folks can and do. Churches staying open is not virtue signaling - in fact, it’s the exact opposite of virtue signaling, it is in fact exercising constitutionally protected freedoms. I don’t think you really understand what virtue signaling is.

As for your allegations of racism on the part of Ben, you could not be more wrong. Pointing out statistical facts is not racist. Is it racist to point out that most serial killers are white males? Of course not. Bill Cosby flat out said that a lot of issues the African American community faces are from poor social choices - is he racist too?

What Shapiro said is that to have a high probability of success in the US, you only need to do 3 things: Graduate high school, get a job, and don’t have children out of wedlock. That is a statistical fact, like it or not (facts don’t care about your feelings). Pointing out that a particular segment of the population makes choices counter to those in the best interest of success is not racist. Much of the poverty in the south is from white people making the same poor choices - it has nothing to do with racism.

And lastly, if you really think virtue signaling is not predominate on the left side of the aisle, you need to get out more.

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    Ahhh....here we go. I have no idea what virtue signaling is....does this replace "political correctness" as the new firestorm phrase to whip people into a frenzy?

We are all in this together....now give us your money!.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    tonyb wrote: »
    It's basically a made up phrase to dismiss an argument when you can't use facts to backup your opinions.

Like this?

dq5ze6pnq5wn.png