Unable to pair new wireless surrounds...Picks up something but not the sound bar?

Options
Magnifimax soundbar SR1 surrounds.....Sub works fine ...when the surrounds find something ...it's not the sound bar....what else do I need to turn off?

Answers

• joesephK
    joesephK Posts: 50
    Options
    Try this:
    First reset the bar's pairing by pairing only the subwoofer:
    1. Make sure sound bar is powered on
    2. Press and hold sync button on back of the sound bar until you hear the chime
    3. Press and hold sync button on back of the subwoofer until you hear the chime
    4. Press the sync button on the sound bar one time (you should hear a different chime for this)

Next pair subwoofer and surround speakers:
    5. Press and hold sync button on back of the sound bar until you hear the chime
    6. Press and hold sync button on back of the subwoofer until you hear the chime
    7. Press and hold sync button on back of one surround speaker followed by the other one

after completing the steps, the light on the back subwoofer and surround speakers should be solid green (not blinking).
  • Hawking
    Hawking Posts: 6
    Options
    I never receive a single tone from the sub it is always a two tone decending and everything goes downhill from there
    Lindsay
  • joesephK
    joesephK Posts: 50
    Options
    Hawking wrote: »
    I never receive a single tone from the sub it is always a two tone decending and everything goes downhill from there
    Lindsay

I believe two tone is correct actually. Does the two tone chime play at step 3?

• alfred0809
    alfred0809 Posts: 3
    Options
    All connected wirelessly, however when ive removed and tried to re add it says a problem with the wireless network. This is impossible as the speakers are less then 10ft apart from each other and the wifi router.
  • Hawking
    Options
    Step 1 ok
    2 1 chime
    3 2 chimes
    4 no sound
    5 1 chime
    6 2 chimes
    7 2nd surround 2 chimes
    8 turn the tv on and receive 100% volume with no control from the remote
  • Hawking
    Options
    the point I did not make is that the ound from the surrouns is not the same as the sound bar ...95% static
  • Hawking
    Options
    Please read this.....When it said "recomended" in the instructions it actually meant Absoloutly neccesary....If the 2 units were not purchased as one unit!
    One MUST download google home ...Allow it to find Polk audio...Then update.........Then you will be able to pair the 2
    This was from the Australian distributer .......Worked perfectly.....Lindsay
  • alfred0809
    Options
    alfred0809 wrote: »
    All connected wirelessly, however when ive removed and tried to re add it says a problem with the wireless network. This is impossible as the speakers are less then 10ft apart from each other and the wifi router. VidMate TeaTV Shareit pc

No reply?