Pioneer Elite DV-79AVi DVD/SACD player

It's time to retire my trusty and beastly DVD/SACD/DVD-Audio player. Perfect condition 9.5/10 with original working remote, owner's manual, and box. Sorry for the poor pictures from my cell phone. This unit is perfect, no issues. Asking for $145.
If you need a firewire cable I have a 2 meter generic for $5 and a high end Ridge Street Poiema 2 meter for $135 obo.
Shipping and PP negotiable.
aqukcukbd6jz.jpg
3iny6ep579ft.jpg
idyk7p7cmsf7.jpg
vd17pqdmavrt.jpg
LSi15's, LSiC, LSiF/x's, LSi7's, vr3 crossover upgrades, SVS PC-12 Plus, SVS SB-16 Ultra, Marantz AV8805, Parasound amps, LG OLED65C9PUA, Clarus Crimson, Signal Cable, Atlas Cable, Shunyata and Synergistic A/C conditioning, dedicated Cardas 30A and Furutech 20A AC lines, Box Furniture, Solid Tech ROS, Symposium roller blocks

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    Ah Man, I had one of these years ago. I also have the very first of it's kind back when the 47 came out. Man I loved Pioneer Elite players back then and that could look nice in my collection.
    I'll be stopping by every once in a while , good luck with the sale.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Yep, I had the 59...great player. This is a good disc spinner kids if your looking for one on the cheap.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    My girlfriend will be using it with a Pioneer Elite receiver, funny I’ve never heard of a FireWire, I’ll have to check it out
  • mdschlayer
    mdschlayer Posts: 209
    SOLD
    LSi15's, LSiC, LSiF/x's, LSi7's, vr3 crossover upgrades, SVS PC-12 Plus, SVS SB-16 Ultra, Marantz AV8805, Parasound amps, LG OLED65C9PUA, Clarus Crimson, Signal Cable, Atlas Cable, Shunyata and Synergistic A/C conditioning, dedicated Cardas 30A and Furutech 20A AC lines, Box Furniture, Solid Tech ROS, Symposium roller blocks
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 805
    dromunds wrote: »
    My girlfriend will be using it with a Pioneer Elite receiver, funny I’ve never heard of a FireWire, I’ll have to check it out

Pioneer called their Firewire version "i-link." It was pre-HDMI, and one of the first/only-at-the-time ways to get a high bandwidth digital audio signal to your AVR. The Pio Elite AVRs that had the capability all had an 'i' suffix. I.e. VSX-84Txsi.

I had this unit with an SDI output added to it to allow direct digital output from the DVD player to a properly equipped video scaler (a DVDO VP-30 in my case.) In the CRT days of analog video and audio, this gave me high-rez digital audio AND video paths. With my 9" NEC CRT projector, arguably the best signal quality available at the time. And, very expensive..... Oh the money I've spent on this hobby over the years....
    My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L&R, LSiM706c center, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 703 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Sherbourne 7/2100 200 x 7 Amp, Emotiva BasX A-500 for Atmos
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS520 projector